We just returned from a 2 week stay all inclusive (2 adults, 2 boys, 7 & 9). I was actually worried after reading some of the reviews but I had a very good time. We had a room on the ground floor around one of the smaller pools. This was ideal as we would leave the door open, the kids could go in or out as they pleased and we could just relax. The small pools are much quieter which suited us better. The main pool has a snack bar and 2 pool side bars and yes during peak times you need to queu for drinks but nothing more than maybe 5 or 6 people.
The food in the main restaurant was the same for breakfast each morning (eggs, bacon, hash browns, proper sausages, beans, omelettes, etc) plus plenty of breads, cold cuts, etc. Lunch was never really a strong point but was varied with rice, pork , fish etc and plenty of salad options available. Dinner was much better with Chinese nights, stews, soups, southern fried chicken, pizza, and a nice array of desserts. As for the queueing, you have to wait to be seated just like any restaurant but we never had to wait more than 2 or 3 minutes for a table and this only happened maybe twice, the rest of the time we simply gave our room number and took a table.
For all inclusive the drinks at meal times are self service which is handy but at the dome/pool side bar you do need to queue but I don't see the issue with this.
The complex itself is well set out with each block of 28 or so apartments set around either a small pool or a little green area with a small jacuzzi (get a ground floor around a pool if you have kids), there are also 2 large pools, one with lanes for serious swimmers and the other with 2 slides for everyone else. None are heated but we never found the temp a problem, just get in there!
There is also a pizza & tappas restaurants which are also lovely. Extra english speak channels on the TV are available at cost and so is wifi in all the rooms. The air con is a great bonus during the day.
The dome at night has an hour of kids stuff (dancing, games, etc) and then a music quiz for adults, bingo and whatever performers are booked. Overall a very butlins style show. The tavern bar just plays music but has pool, football and an xbox for the kids to play.
The kids club is only included for thomas cook guests but you can pay 5€ per child if they want to go, they also do a soccer skills camp which was good value.
I'm not sure what people are expecting from this place but I would go back and would recommend the place to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THB Tropical Island is a spectacular resort of 102,000 m2 located in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. Designed especially for families and groups of friends, it has everything you need so you can enjoy an unforgettable holiday within resort itself and just steps away from your apartment. In Hotel THB Tropical Island everyday fun is guaranteed. Our guests can enjoy 14 swimming pools, sports facilities, bars, theme restaurants and plenty of activities both for adults and children in the hands of our entertainment team. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, TravelUp, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your THB Tropical Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Tropical Playa Blanca
- Sun Tropical Lanzarote
- Holiday Village Sun Tropical Lanzarote
- THB Tropical Island Lanzarote/Playa Blanca