Just returned from 2 weeks with daughter and grandchildren.first apartment allocated was on 1st floor with doors windows that opened easily from inside and not safe for small children so asked to be moved to ground floor which was safer but the condition of it was weary and the beds awful one of us had to sleep on a sofa or pull out bed on floor as not possible to put a 2 yr and 4 yr in living room as also had cooker etc.apparantly don't have 2 bed roomed apartments and wanted 900 euros for connecting rooms ..could have moved to a good hotel for that , so made do with bad situation,
The one rep was useless and just said been really busy today if you went to see if she had done something ...but other Gaz was great and helpful .
If you go in dome check chairs one I sat on collapsed as only had 3 legs, was told they keep coming off and rep said would put in report to Thomas Cook but I couldn't see it . Hotel not interested just apology through rep.
Food was boring ,breakfast best meal as for snack bar great if you want burgers hot dogs or chicken nuggets for two weeks.nothing if your truly vegetarian ..
Need back door key as cuts distance to town down to about twenty minute walk.
Queues everywhere, needed to allow 15 mins to get a drink .
No evening outside or reception area bar only pub or domes so a long walk with a plastic cup if you like to be outside of an evening.. Or sit in a comfy seat with a drink in the hotels
Not able to hire tv package if in Island only in Tropical
Good points are the grounds and pools which were lovely and well maintained.
Kids club was excellent and well run .
A holiday little ones will love but adults will despair of the inefficient way it is run ..a hotel in decline was my opinion
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THB Tropical Island is a spectacular resort of 102,000 m2 located in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. Designed especially for families and groups of friends, it has everything you need so you can enjoy an unforgettable holiday within resort itself and just steps away from your apartment. In Hotel THB Tropical Island everyday fun is guaranteed. Our guests can enjoy 14 swimming pools, sports facilities, bars, theme restaurants and plenty of activities both for adults and children in the hands of our entertainment team. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your THB Tropical Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Tropical Playa Blanca
- Sun Tropical Lanzarote
- Holiday Village Sun Tropical Lanzarote
- THB Tropical Island Lanzarote/Playa Blanca