Went to the Sun Tropical Island in May 2013 16th-23rd with my partner and 2 children aged 3 and 10months. After reading some of the reviews on here I honestly did not know what to expect. However a holiday is what you make it and what a fantastic holiday we had!
I would def get (from reception 10euro) a 'back door key' otherwise trips to the beach will be a long walk round the whole complex back to the main enterance.
Food; I was quite worried about what I would be feeding my 10month old baby but the food was very nice and and there was a good variety for our stay of one week. There was a small daily visitor who used to come in and have a 'peck of the childrens buffet- a little birdy who we named Peckles! We were slightly concerned but otherwise saw the homour and just didnt eat from that buffet!
You can also book yourself in for the tapaz and pizza resturant for one evening during your stay- This made a difference to the normal eating in the buffet resturant and was actually very nice.
Room; slightly outdated but hey...the bathroom for the purpose of washing was clean, the shower had its own mind of the temp at times but otherwise bed sheets were cleaned 4 times! (so more than expected) and balcony was very spacious and safe for my children tv had cbeebies which went down very well with my children- you do have an option of paying for the remote control which we personally didnt see the point when you could manually changed channels. also well equipped
Staff members: Work very hard! the same guy that was at breakfast was also serving our drinks in the 'Dome evening entertainment, some staff we found a little abrupt while others were very nice, Thomas cook staff were very pleasent and helpful and we always felt that if we needed anything they were around.
Evening Entertainment: Not suitable for couples but if you want your kids to have a good time it was fantastic, mainly the same sort every night but a good place to let them burn some energy! if you like bingo, 5Euro will get you one ticket for some cheesy fun. Again TC staff work very hard at entertaining.
There are lots of pool situated around the whole complex which are really nice and clean but extreamely cold! that was the only let down we had as my son after experiencing this then refused to swim which we found a shame..
Otherwise a really nice family holiday ;-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THB Tropical Island is a spectacular resort of 102,000 m2 located in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. Designed especially for families and groups of friends, it has everything you need so you can enjoy an unforgettable holiday within resort itself and just steps away from your apartment. In Hotel THB Tropical Island everyday fun is guaranteed. Our guests can enjoy 14 swimming pools, sports facilities, bars, theme restaurants and plenty of activities both for adults and children in the hands of our entertainment team. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Otel, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your THB Tropical Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Tropical Playa Blanca
- Sun Tropical Lanzarote
- Holiday Village Sun Tropical Lanzarote
- THB Tropical Island Lanzarote/Playa Blanca