just arrived back this morning after 1 weeks stay 6th may-13th
the good points first
1. its got fabulous gardens that you can walk round and is clean lovely pools although none were of use to me as i am disabled and very hard to get into them no chair lift at the big pool which was freezing .
the apartments are low rise so no need to worry about the children on balcony .
the bad points are.
food is ok but not great the noise level in the restaurant is very loud with the kids running round or screaming we tried eating in the outside part of it most days
the queues to get to the food was a worry the toaster in the morning was useless 5 times it takes to put the bread through to get any colour that resembled toast
the ice creams/sweets counter was bombarded with the kids just pushing in
the tea and coffee was disgusting so only took the juice
the entertainment for adults was dire and embarrassing, the thomas cook team do work hard however as its all inclusive basis this is the worst entertainment i have ever come across they really do need to get this sorted the dome is so large the noise levels are deafening with the kids running and screaming even though it was meant to be adult time .
most people go there for the bingo once its over they start leaving
the tavern bar is like a pub most nights we sat outside
the complex is quite far from the beach but the back gate seems to save some walking time if you pay for the key we never did as used a taxi 3 euros a time
now getting onto the apartment we were on ground level in kiwi block the apartment is large but past its best the paintwork was all scratched the furniture was very dated the settee was a pull out bed if you needed it for a third person we pulled it out and a strong musty smell hit you .
the maids clean the room every 3rd day towels and bed linen once
there is a lot of carts but they don't bother you
we did the late flight coming home had to be out the apartment for 12pm or pay 30 euro to keep it we just put the bags in the room provided and went into playa blanca
we did a trip ourselves to feurteventura by ferry 23 euro return a nice day out
i would recommend this hotel if you have children but not like us 2 adults on their own so would not go back given it was not an expensive holiday it was ok
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THB Tropical Island is a spectacular resort of 102,000 m2 located in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. Designed especially for families and groups of friends, it has everything you need so you can enjoy an unforgettable holiday within resort itself and just steps away from your apartment. In Hotel THB Tropical Island everyday fun is guaranteed. Our guests can enjoy 14 swimming pools, sports facilities, bars, theme restaurants and plenty of activities both for adults and children in the hands of our entertainment team. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your THB Tropical Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Tropical Playa Blanca
- Sun Tropical Lanzarote
- Holiday Village Sun Tropical Lanzarote
- THB Tropical Island Lanzarote/Playa Blanca