I travelled with my 3 children in Jan 2013. I felt very safe both in and out of the hotel. There are many pools and the grounds are kept spotless. The staff work hard to keep it clean. There are many many cats around the place!
I worried the food would be bad reading the reviews but it was wonderful lots of variety and lots of fresh fruit. We didn't feel the need to eat elsewhere and I am fussy when it comes to food. We dined in the tapas resturant in the hotel which was a nice change, we booked for pizza on another night but cancelled and went to the main food hall and it was Chinese! It was delicious. I ate a different type of fish every day, you could never go hungry, there are snacks in between meals - chips, jacket potatoe, hot dogs, selection of bread rolls and fillings. But with the all inclusive food in the main dining hall being so yummy there is no space for snacks!
The hotel has a free bus to the beach which we waited for but it did not turn up so we paid for a taxi. We only did this once as we found that it was in walking distance and a nice quiet walk. The supermarket on the way to the beach is cheaper for some items than the hotels. The beach is BEAUTIFUL, with shops and restaurants all around it. Lots and lots to do for all ages. We sat on the beach in January it was boiling on this particular day.
My only complaint would be that the rooms need a little maintenance mainly the bathroom, there was mold around the bath, the chain on the plug was rusty and there was also an area of rust in the bath. All very inexpensive to fix! A few staff members were not as friendly as you'd like but most were fantastic. Oh and the day the sheets were changed they were cleaner on my bed BEFORE!
I had a lovely facial and my daughter had a full body massage which we both loved in the hotel spa. I was allowed to take part in the aerobics for free the instructor was brilliant, she gave instructions in English for me and Spainish for everyone else, I did not feel uncomfortable. The gym was a little dated, but workable.
We loved the area and would go back, maybe even to this hotel if the bathrooms are looked at.
We hired segways and had a tour of the island, it was amazing.
Don't be put off by other reviews!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THB Tropical Island is a spectacular resort of 102,000 m2 located in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. Designed especially for families and groups of friends, it has everything you need so you can enjoy an unforgettable holiday within resort itself and just steps away from your apartment. In Hotel THB Tropical Island everyday fun is guaranteed. Our guests can enjoy 14 swimming pools, sports facilities, bars, theme restaurants and plenty of activities both for adults and children in the hands of our entertainment team. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your THB Tropical Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Tropical Playa Blanca
- Sun Tropical Lanzarote
- Holiday Village Sun Tropical Lanzarote
- THB Tropical Island Lanzarote/Playa Blanca