Second time visit to this hotel due to the great holiday we had here last year. Had a junior suite with a sea view and it was worth the money.
Stayed on the half board plus option because it allows dining in all the a la carte restaurants (when they are open). There is absolutely no restriction on what you can order from the menu although alcohol and bottled water is extra. All restaurants are top notch and the only niggle was food in the Italian not being served as hot as one would like - however pretty minor in the scheme of things and this was the only negative.
For half board plus you get a minibar replenished daily which includes plenty of water and soft drinks. The alcohol content is limited to a quarter bottle of wine and four half pint bottles of beer. On a cost analysis we didn't think there was much in it comparing the cost of paying the extra for half board plus versus paying as you go. Just going B&B offers the flexibility of eating outside the hotel but we were not convinced that the standard of food outside the hotel is necessarily any better. Again we paid the extra 6 Euros a day (for two) to eat breakfast cooked to order in the Isla de Lobos restaurant overlooking the sea. It is surprising this is not more popular: probably because most people are not aware that they can have breakfast here. And it's not exactly advertised as an option.
It was my wife' birthday whilst we were here and they provided a complimentary bottle of Cava in the room and a chocolate cake at the Japanese restaurant in the evening which was a nice touch.
Apart from being an excellent hotel, where this establishment scores highly is on its customer service. It's evident that they take this seriously and have clearly invested in training their staff. When something doesn't go quite to plan as it always will, you feel that they will do all they can to put it right as soon as possible which is reassuring and it doesn't therefore turn into a wind up. This makes for a more relaxing holiday which is another reason we really like this hotel.
Unless we find a better hotel in the Canaries we will probably be back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed in the colonial canaries style, with its traditional, picturesque balconies, and exotic interior tropical, excellent facilities and faultless service, Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort is a welcoming, five-star luxury hotel, conceived to satisfy the most demanding customer by making their stay a unique and unforgettable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Princesa Yaiza Hotel Playa Blanca
- Princess Yaiza Lanzarote
- Hotel Princesa Yaiza Suite
- Princess Yaiza Hotel Lanzarote
- Princesa Yaiza Lanzarote
- Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort Lanzarote/Playa Blanca