We have just returned from a week in Princesa Yaiza. After all the reviews mentioning the huge presence of kids, we wondered if we had chosen the right place for our first vacation without our- now grown up- kids!
Upon our arrival we were pleasantly surprised by the warm reception. Our suitcases were immediately taken from us and brought into the hotel and we were guided to the frontdesk and offered a glass of Cava. (or if you wish water or orange juice). Our holidays had definitely begun!
The next pleasant surprise was that we were given an upgrade to a superior suite! We were even happier when we saw our room (on the fourth floor): a beautiful living room, large bedroom, hall with minibar,coffee, tea, microwave, large terrace with loungers and the enormous and beautifully decorated bathroom, with a huge bathtub and a separate shower. The toiletries were displayed on the tub, next to the shower and on the sink. No sharing minuscule toiletries here! A really de-luxe gesture. Everyday they were filled up again.
We had upgraded our halfboard to halfboard de Luxe. This meant that we got a stocked minibar everyday and that we could have dinner in all the à la carte restaurants. And they were of exquisite quality! One of them, Isla de Lobos, is close to a Michelin Star and it deserves it too! We had dinner there twice and both times were heaven. We also went twice to the Japanese Teppanyaki and it was a delicious and fun experience! The Italian restaurant, Don Giovanni, was greater the first time than the second time, but still on the whole a very nice place with good food.
We played tennis on the outside tenniscourts three times. They are like concrete courts, although we were not sure if it was really genuine concrete. I would have liked to know this on beforehand, because my claycourt shoes weren't sliding that well. Next time I will bring my indoor shoes too and see what's the best choice.
The final day was my birthday. On our arrival this was mentioned and we had been promised a bottle of Champagne on the room. Unfortunately they probably forgot, because it never arrived.
The day we left, we had a late check-out, 17.00 pm. at 10 euro per extra hour after 12.00 am. This way we could still enjoy ourselves the whole day in the hotel and freshen up before going to the airport. That was a great service.
And coming back to the topic of the kids' presence: There were indeed many young children, but funnily that never seemed to bother us! The children could play in the totally separated area 'Kikoland', next to the hotel. And near the three buffetrestaurants there's an indoor playground too which is soundproof, so, again you don't hear anything. There are two swimmingpools, one upper and one lower pool. The upper pool is warmer and most children use that one. The lower pool is a saltwater pool, not heated, and that's where most adults are. However in both pools the atmosphere is quiet. You can hear the swaying palmtrees and the birds singing. People seem to get so relaxed here that nobody shouts or whatever!
Last but not least, we had breakfast three times in the buffetrestaurants which was more than fine, but then we were informed by the Dutch PR lady that we could have à la carte breakfast in restaurant Isla de Lobos at a surplus of 3 euros pp. That's what we did the rest of the time and it was just heaven to start the day there with the beautiful view!
All the people working here give you a service with a smile. Many hotels could learn something here! This is the way to do it! It is admirable how the staff as a whole is equally service minded, from the lowest to the highest ranks. Everyone is proud of being part of this Top Class Resort.
We have had an unforgettable time in Princesa Yaiza and we can't wait to come back! Thank you very much for everything!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed in the colonial canaries style, with its traditional, picturesque balconies, and exotic interior tropical, excellent facilities and faultless service, Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort is a welcoming, five-star luxury hotel, conceived to satisfy the most demanding customer by making their stay a unique and unforgettable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Princesa Yaiza Hotel Playa Blanca
- Princess Yaiza Lanzarote
- Hotel Princesa Yaiza Suite
- Princess Yaiza Hotel Lanzarote
- Princesa Yaiza Lanzarote
- Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort Lanzarote/Playa Blanca