“Very good for a short break”

Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Playa Blanca
West Sussex, United Kingdom
“Very good for a short break”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Just enjoyed a four day stay at the Princesa Yaiza in a sea view suite. The room was excellent although at this time of year, heating would have been an advantage. Room comments – water and coffee etc. are complimentary on day one but never get replenished – but there are plenty of supermarkets close by.
The main buffet restaurant is excellent with a very wide choice (but expensive at €38 per head excluding wines). Out of season they rotate between Mediterranean and Italian buffets and the Mexican is closed. The Italian a la carte is fine but lacks atmosphere – could do with background music. The Isla de Lobos restaurant is gourmet a la carte and excellent – good service and great food.
The hotel is well situated with 15 minute walks into the town or the marina area both of which have loads of standard tourist restaurants and shops.
Car hire is the best way to get around and you can easily fill 4 days visiting the attractions – the Princesa Yaiza has a small car park with a busy public one next door but there is plenty of on-street parking in the area.
The hotel has nice outdoor swimming pools – one heated. However we were very surprised to find that there was a charge of €25 per head to use the indoor pool in the spa – never had to pay in a 5 star hotel before!
Plenty of sunbeds and a nice beach right in front of the hotel with the usual watersports.
Hotel has lots of common area seating, but the bars are a bit disappointing – again not much atmosphere.
Staff are very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Worth paying for a sea view.
3 Thank SussexChap1
PYaiza, Director de Operaciones at Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear guest,

First of all, thank you for trust on the Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel & Resort for your holidays. We’re so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay in Playa Blanca.
Regarding the rooms temperature, we understand that even Lanzarote use to have a cold weather with a medium temperature of 26ºC, sometimes there are days which are a bit cold due the climatology, especially in this term of the year. However, we work every day to fix every trouble and for offer our guests an unforgettable experience with us.
We hope you come back soon to Lanzarote and I will be pleased you to greet you personally on your next visit to our hotel.

Best wishes,
Tel.928 519 222

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (835)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Dorset
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We are staying here at the moment and wish we didn't have to leave on Sunday. On arrival the check in staff were very patient with us as we asked for a different room without Palm trees outside. Now we are on the ground floor with easy access to the pools and promenade. The weather is wonderful and although I read that the pools are cold there is a lovely fresh water one kept at 28 degrees and it's perfect. My husband is quite satisfied with his glass of white wine at dinner, costing 3.5 euros and I don't mind paying 3.0 euros for my water. We have modest tastes!
Food has been very good so far and all staff are smiling and helpful. We are delighted to have found this hotel and plan to return next winter.

Room Tip: Being on the ground floor makes it easy to access pools and beach
2 Thank BKTDorset
PYaiza, Director de Operaciones at Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your sty at the Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel & Resort. Your comments will help us to improve our service every day.
All the staff works hard for offer you an unforgettable experience in Lanzarote. Our last objective is your satisfaction.
We hope you come back soon to our accommodations. On your next visit, I personally recommend you to try our Thalasso Center treatments, the final touch for relaxing holidays.

Yours sincerely,
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2014

A lovely hotel and well situated in the resort. Service was very friendly and efficient, well worth a few visits to the a la carte restaurants, super food but a little expensive. Alas no half bottles of wine(my wife being teetotal) and the glass of wine 6euros + were very small. We went B+B at the end of January, whilst the weather started well, mid week became very cold with northerly winds and rain. The suite was extremely cold and we requested a heater and a fan heater duly arrived soon after, the heater was very ineffecient and hardly blew out any heat when the themostat allowed. We ended up swaddled in blankets most nights.I could appreciate that the hotel would be very cool throughout the summer months, however the establishment does market itself as a winter destination.
Overall a 4 + star hotel with panache which will be good for couples and familes from the Spring to Autumn.

Tom Hird

Room Tip: General upgrade to junior suite is advised, we stayed a C240 but recieved very little sunshine on th...
2 Thank Tom H
PYaiza, Director de Operaciones at Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for choose the Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel & Resort for your holidays. Regarding the temperature, we understand that even Lanzarote use to have a cold weather with a medium temperature of 26ºC, sometimes there are days which are a bit cold because the climatology.
For your next visit, I personally recommend you to choose our deluxe half board option by the time of your booking. With this option you will could dinner every day in one of our à la carte restaurants. The best choice for the most demanding palates.
Your comments will help us to improve our service. We note your recommendations and we hope that you come back soon to see our improvements.

Scotland
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We were greeted on arrival outside by a member of staff who took our cases from us. We were also upgraded to a bigger suite (we were on Honeymoon) and received a glass of bubbly as we checked in.
The hotel is very impressive inside and out and makes you feel like you are staying somewhere special.
The rooms are very spacious and in good repair. We looked out on to the pool area but did not get much sun on our lovely balcony at the end of Nov beginning of Dec.
Breakfast was the best I have had on the island in a hotel although I would opt for the inside dining rooms as the birds are a pest.
All of the staff were very friendly and efficient - we had room service one night and it was very prompt and I really enjoyed it. There was music playing most nights which was good.
My only complaint is that it is quite a noisy hotel. The cleaning starts early and as its typical canarian with tiled floors the movement of people above and below whether it be guests or cleaners did not enable a long lie in.
I would stay again if i could stay on the top floor. The location is excellent - just a minute or two walk to the beach and 5 minutes to the centre,

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gmmax1988
Dear guest,

First of all, thank you for telling us your experience at the Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel & Resort. Thank you for trust in us for your honeymoon, It’s a pleasure for us to know that you and your partner had a good time with us in Lanzarote.
We hope you to come back soon and for your next visit, I recommend you to try one of our Thalasso Center treatments. On our Thalasso Center you could find the treatment which best fits you. For example, the Yaiza Princes is specially created for couples, the best choice for two hour of relax and privacy with your partner.

luxembourg
Reviewed February 3, 2014

A beautiful hotel, certainly, but... The garden and pool aerea are narrow and chairs touch each other. Absolulety no privavy. Worse is that on arrival they lost my raincoat which I badly needed as it was raining. They were very casual about it, no apalogies, no worry at all. I waited a long time and finally went for a walk, in the rain of course. Only much later did they find it back. For a 5 star hotel this is unbelievable. I also had to take a very expensive suite as nothing else was free. The suite iwas huge and pleasant, ok. But: I had asked for a nice sea view, but it was hidden by plants and had only the view on the commercial center beside . No way to make them change, though most of the suites were free. Especially after "the lost coat episode" I felt this was a shame. I had a plastic bag against the wall on the floor with some newspapers and other papers and they had just thrown it away. This had never happened before, as I usually carry that sort of item with me. So I find the quality of service, as well as the price you pay for what you get, really exaggerated. There are other hotels that have lovely large gardens and sea view at lower prices, even if they arent just as classy. A bit further Lanzarote Garden Palace is great value, directly on the sea much more than Yaiza, .All rooms have sea view

Room Tip: if you have one on the right side facing the sea theoretically, make sure you dont just have the vie...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank irrise
PYaiza, Director of Operations at Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear guest,

I thank you your opinion about your stay in our hotel and sorry your stay was not as pleasant as expected.

I completely agree with you that in a 5-star hotel is not acceptable to not hand over the coat in the room with your bags . As I explained to you personally, it was human error. I regret, even more, that our patient and confident attitude , that coat would appear has been taken as a carefree attitude. Here again I apologize for not giving the feeling of being worried.

Referring to the plastic bag on the floor of the room, the maid thought it was to withdraw from there. Sorry about that. Thanks to your feedback we have improved our service. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have cause you .

It would be a pleasure for me to welcome you again to our hotel and show you that we work every day to improve our service and we take into account feedback from our guests. Please if you would think about comming to Lanzarote do not hesitate to contact me directly to offer our services and to apologize personally .Thank you very much for your opinion.

Director of Operations
Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel & Resort
Helsinki
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I had dreamed of Princesa Yaiza for years and was very delighted to see that the hotel was as wonderful as I had thought. It is definitely worth all its five stars. So stylish, so beautiful, loved the tropical gardens. Breakfast was OK, room service food not, japanese restaurant interesting. We stayed one week in January and weather was not good. Lanzarote is a windy island, always and now specially.

Room Tip: Fourth floor, no palms near
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Maija A
PYaiza, Director de Operaciones at Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel & Resort. We’re so happy for have make your dreams come true and I really hope that you had an unforgettable stay in our accommodations. Those are the things why we do what we do and why we work so hard every day. Our last objective is our guest happiness.
We will be waiting for our next visit to Lanzarote, and let me recommend you the half board deluxe option. This is the best option for you because it includes the dinner in anyone of our à la carte restaurants and our Japanese restaurant Kampai is one of them.

Best wishes,
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed at the Princesa Yaiza December 2013. The hotel looked amazing as we arrived in the taxi, a waterfall of light greeted us and a beautiful Christmas tree in the foyer. We were offered a glass of champagne, and quickly and very courteously we were in our room within what seemed like only minutes. The sea view room was perfect, with an ingenious kitchenette. The only down side was the " sea view " which was there behind the fronds of a palm tree that stood in front of the balcony. Didn't realise this until the following morning, as we had unpacked all our luggage into the very spacious walk in wardrobe. Decided not to go to the trouble of asking if we could move to a higher floor. We were on B&B tariff, and the breakfast was very good lots of choice. Didn't have buffet dinner, but ate in the Italian restaurant which was very good, and the Japanese restaurant which was lovely and great fun. The pool area is vast with lots of very nice sun beds and a towel station where you can exchange towels as and when required. The sea front is accessed directly from the rear gate, with a very pleasant walk to either Marina Rubicon one way and Playa Blanca the other where there are numerous restaurants of varying quality and price. A lovely hotel and staff hope to return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PatriciaWinpenny123
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel & Resort. Your description of your stay, our hotel and the service is wonderful. All the staff is so glad to know that your stay was so great for you and your family and we’re so proud to have the certainty of a well done job.
We hope you come back soon to Lanzarote and I personally recommend you the half board deluxe option. With this option you will could dinner in anyone of our à la carte restaurants, so I think this is the best option for you so I could see in your comment that your really enjoyed our cuisine.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Blanca
Hotel Hesperia Lanzarote Playa Dorada
SENTIDO H10 White Suites
SENTIDO H10 White Suites
#8 of 37 in Playa Blanca

Been to Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort? Share your experiences!