Booked a suite with a "family pack" direct with the hotel. Included transfer to/from airport by Felipe, very professional and picked up 5 steps from the exit door of the airport, excellent when travelling with small child after a long flight. Check-in was good, had to wait for room as it was lunchtime (people still to check-out), but left bags and got some lunch at the restaurant by the pool (average food).
Room was good size and exactly as expected (if not better as we had a see view without asking, with palm tree which I actually liked as it provided some shade but allowed evening sun + view of a volcano). Room cleaning was a bit hit and miss but generally very good. Hotel cleaning was excellent. Walls are super thin, you can hear "everything" from neighbours to the side and upstairs with shoes on sounds like horses on the tiled floor. Affects sleep for sure.
Swimming pools were very nice, but the kids pool was really cold, as was the main "heated" pool until the sun warmed it up (first couple of days were cloudy). Main pool was excellent for younger children as the ledge dipped enabling them to easily exit the water. The towels on sunbeds was not really an issue. As you see most people put them down before going to breakfast, so it's just to do as the majority does. Looked like there was poolside service for drinks, but I was only asked once during the entire week. The smoothie/ice cream hut was good, but service was painfully slow. Would have been good idea to prepare the fruit earlier (they used icecube tongs to hold the fruit and took off the skin with a knife. So massive wait if you stand waiting behind a family of 6 order).
The food was disappointing (for breakfast and evening buffet), quite a large variety of very average food prepared to a very average standard. I had expected more given the good reviews. Room service was terrible. Tried 3 times and each time very unimpressed. Last time (aside from the bad food), it took 3 hours for them to come collect the dishes. (they had taken the tray so unable to leave outside room either, as suggested). Room service said they were too busy.... in a 5 star hotel?? Ice cream store was very good and the food in the Italian was pretty good compared to the rest. Could recommend El Mano which is down by the harbour.
I thought entertainment for children was very good. Indoor soft-room for younger ones, kikoland for older. Evening entertainment in the theatre was surprisingly good. Could tell a lot of effort had gone into some of the productions. Nice break for parents when the children are so absorbed. Nice touch with paint/colouring set and swim aids in the room on arrival for kids.
Tried the spa and all was good. Very relaxing, good choice of services.
Although a few issues duing the week (expectations for a 5*L hotel), we did have a very enjoyable stay in a good hotel in a good location. Can definitely recommend.
Last visit to Lanzarote in 2010 we stayed in Melia Volcan hotel nearer the harbour. Not in the same league as Yaiza, but ok for the price.
The beach just outside the hotel is also very pleasant and well worth a few visits.
Would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed in the colonial canaries style, with its traditional, picturesque balconies, and exotic interior tropical, excellent facilities and faultless service, Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort is a welcoming, five-star luxury hotel, conceived to satisfy the most demanding customer by making their stay a unique and unforgettable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and Priceline so you can book your Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Princesa Yaiza Hotel Playa Blanca
- Princess Yaiza Lanzarote
- Hotel Princesa Yaiza Suite
- Princess Yaiza Hotel Lanzarote
- Princesa Yaiza Lanzarote
- Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort Lanzarote/Playa Blanca