H10 Timanfaya Palace
H10 Rubicon Palace(Playa Blanca)
$144
$137
$133
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Ona Las Brisas(Playa Blanca)(Great Value!)
$193
$163
$156
Orbitz.com
6,194 results
All reviewskasbah restaurantpiano barsea viewprivilege loungea la carte restaurantbelow ground levelindoor poolhalf boardcouples hotelprivilege packageprivilege gueststhomson repsmain restaurantshow cookingreception staffplenty of choiceplenty of sunbeds
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Travelled to Lanzarote half a dozen times now, love the Island but this Hotel was absolutely delightful. From the positive "Can Do" attitude of the staff at Reception on our arrival, mirrored in the bars, restaurants, and by the entertainment team. Nothing was too difficult.

The week went too quickly!!!!!!

Thanks
M&D
Room 314
04/03/14 - 11/03/14

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor room if possible.
5  Thank Michael0253
Jose Angel V, General Manager at H10 Timanfaya Palace, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear Michael0253,

Thank you very much for review and your rate of 5 points!. Gracias!!.

We are looking fowards to having you back soon!..

José Angel Vazquez

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We hadn't actually booked the Timanfaya. We had booked the White Suites but when we arrived ... They were "over-booked" so they shunted us off to Timanfaya so when we actually arrived there I wasn't in the best of moods. The girl at reception however assured us we were in a much nicer hotel and in very good hands... I had my doubts. They stuck us in room 125 as apparently that's all they had left. I use the word 'stuck' because that's how it felt. I appreciate they they're busy but I'm afraid that isn't my problem. The room was awful. Bit like a dungeon on a massive ferry! Tried to reason with the reception staff but finally had to do the "I want to speak to the manager" thing. Javier turned up in due course and flicked through booking lists while mumbling to the staff... They had no other rooms available and it felt it wasn't really his problem as it was the White Suites that messed up. (I tend to agree to be honest). Had a pretty poor nights sleep. There was a continual clicking sound coming from somewhere (believe me, we looked!) that was like some new torture method devised by organisations unknown. Anyway, breakfast would surely help put things in perspective. It sure did! It was pretty awful. Queues, tasteless poor quality food, toasting machines that took an age, staff straight out of Fawlty Towers, orange juice that had never seen an orange... And lots if sour faced guests. With renewed focus I got back on the phone to the White Suites (Laura) and a couple of hours later we were on our way back to the hotel we had originally booked (and already paid for by the way). I'm still at the White Suites as I type and will do a quick review for anybody that's interested when I've finished the week. (I kind of want to do one now as I've just had my stuff removed from my lounger by the pool guy - I was only gone for 10 minutes guv! - but I'll wait until I don't have the hump). One thing I forgot to mention about the Timanfaya... According to my other half there is a nudist section... Given the average age of the guests is around 70, I'd prefer not to know this!

It's my first go at a review so apologies if it lacks structure or key pieces of information. As I said, we were only there for one night and it wasn't the type of hotel I would ever normally book.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank David L
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times with my family, and once previously with my partner. When it came to booking a honeymoon we struggled to make a decision where to go, we poured over brochures and having loved our time previously at Timanfaya we were comparing everything to it. So we finally decided we had to have our honeymoon there to avoid disappointment - how wrong we were!

When we booked in September we told the travel agent we were booking our honeymoon, which was passed on to the hotel, we paid for a sea view room and requested ideally room 350, we knew this couldn't the guaranteed, but we're hopeful we would get that room or similar, as it has stunning sea views and wonderful sun sets! Perfect setting for our honeymoon! A month prior to traveling we contacted the hotel directly by email. Letting them know we were Club H10 members, it was a special holiday for us and why we had chosen Timanfaya Palace for our honeymoon. We got a reply telling us they were aware of our request for room 350. They could not guarantee this, but they would do their best to give us this room or very similar and pay us special attention over our honeymoon.

So the wedding over with, we were so excited to be setting off on our honeymoon. Looking forward to a nice sea view room and a warm reception. We arrived at the hotel, although the reception staff were efficient they couldn't manage a smile or a warm welcome to the hotel. We got allocated room 329 and we went to see our accommodation.

We were very disappointed to find our paid for 'sea view' was mostly of the pool area and the sea was obscured by palm trees! To boot there was no welcome wine as we expected as club H10 members and certainly no special attention was paid to us upon our arrival. My husband was hoping for some cava or some flowers - but there was nothing! So we took our cases back to reception, hoping for a room change and at least some of that 'special attention'.
At reception we spoke to the Thomson's rep who said she didn't understand what our problem was, that the hotel was over booked so some people were having to spend there first night in another hotel, the rep (Louise) said she knew room 329, "it was a fantastic room and had amazing sunsets". The room was at the end of a row and was adjacent to the wall of the next block to the right which we knew would block out any evening sunshine, let alone a sunset. This rep must be able to see through concrete we thought. She certainly showed absolutely no empathy to our situation. I knew she was talking rubbish and she couldn't understand why I was upset, I had to walk away back to the room, realising there was no hope of changing room!
My husband then went to speak to reception, only then did they manage to rustle us up a bottle of sparking wine in a ice bucket, a voucher to the Kasbah al a carte restaurant and a small box of nutty chocolates.

First impressions count and it felt rubbish having to ask for special attention they'd previously promised. We did ask to change rooms and nothing could be done! We talked to hotel staff 3 times about changing our rooms and on the 3rd day of our holiday we were told they would get back to us, but we are home now and they never got back to us! Safe to say we were very disappointed in the service we got from the reception and hotel staff!

We enjoyed our all inclusive cocktails and we loved the restaurant food. We went to the Kasbah restaurant once but we were not impressed with the food or service so cancelled our second reservation preferring the main buffet restaurant!

One major plus for us was that on our first night we went to dinner and saw Fran the head waiter, who we recognised from previous stays, my husband told him that it was our honeymoon, he promptly found us a lovely table and told the waiter to bring us some champagne. He was for us our saviour and made us feel all that more special every time we came to eat in the main restaurant.

We made the best of our time at Timanfaya Palace and enjoyed our stay, sadly it was a good holiday, just not a fantastic honeymoon!

The hotel makes a real fuss of people for their birthdays. Which is lovely, but then you have one of those every year and hopefully only one honeymoon in a lifetime, we expected a little more attention than we got. As lovely as the hotel is, for us it will be a long time before we come back.

We would hate to think someone else would have the same disappointment as us if they were to book there honeymoon there!

3  Thank jane&matthew
Jose Angel V, General Manager at H10 Timanfaya Palace, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear jane&matthew,

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry if you were not very happy and just had "good holiday, just not a fantastic honeymoon".

I have checked your booking and you reserved a seaview room, and you pretended to get one of our best privileges rooms. The thomson rep was not "talking rubish" and I understand her perfectly, because you got room 329 (superior room), that is better than seaview. I was having holidays. Surely if I had been at the hotel, after your complaint you got a normal sea view. Afortunatly, my staff is really good and are over these complaints and gave you some invitations, as you write... I'm sorry, but please, don't pretend to fly with British, buy a tourist place and ask for business class.... All people coming to hotel are celebrating something, at least their holidays, that is very important.

All in all, I see you were medium happy. Sorry if you were not 100% happy. It is good that you can express your opinion and we can reply. I'm sorry if my second manager didn't explain to you when you were at the hotel as I do now, then you can have another point of view.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We have just returned from a week’s stay in the Timanfaya Palace and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Without going into the same details, we would agree with all the positive points in the recent reviews; great location, good food, good entertainment and polite helpful staff. Although we were only able to book a garden view, we somehow ended up with a lovely sea view in room 149. However, beware that some of the garden view rooms are actually below ground level and people passing by can look down onto the balcony and into the room; we would certainly have asked to move if allocated one of these. Note to manager – any charges for the fridge and the safe seem rather mean spirited for such a nice hotel and should be removed.
Although the hotel was (apparently) fully booked, it never felt crowded and we were always able to sit where we wanted at meal times and outside. The average age of the guests (including us, just) was over 50 and yes it was a bonus not to have any little darlings running around and spoiling the grown up atmosphere. Excellent location for walkers and joggers; make the effort to go about half a mile beyond the lighthouse to the Vik Club chill-out bar to watch the sunset (although if you get the right room, you get a pretty good view from your balcony!). Yes the outside pool and the sea are a bit ‘bracing’ on first entry, but you soon get used to it and if you take a bread roll into the sea (steps down immediately across the promenade) you will be surrounded by shoals of colourful fish; mask and snorkel recommended.
Hector, a member of the entertainment team (you can’t miss him) is a bit cheesy but very funny. The evening shows were very professional, but special mention should be made of Hatty & Oz, the guitar duo in residence. Two very talented British guys who can play almost anything; they were really excellent and very nice guys too. However they are only there for another couple of months before working for Thomson in Turkey.
Overall, we had a great time and would definitely go again; just make sure you get the right room.
Thank you to the manager, staff and Thomson reps.

Room Tip: Some garden view rooms are below ground level.
3  Thank JezandClaire
Jose Angel V, General Manager at H10 Timanfaya Palace, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear JezandClaire,

Thank you for your nice review. I'm glad you enjoyed you holidays and you had the luck to get a seaview just paying an standar room ... really lucky!!.

It is a pity you write so nice comments and only rate us 4 points ¿?.

About the minibar and the safe... it doesn't depend on us, it is a rule from our headquarter that we must follow.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

This hotel in a wonderful adults only hotel, set right next to the sea and a short stroll (15 minutes) to the quiet harbour and shops.
We stayed half board, but several people now stay fully inclusive, and the choice of snacks is amazing, not your usual beefburgers or beefburgers!
The majority of the rooms overlook the sea/swimming pools and there are 2 bars to meet new friends and old each evening, whilst enjoying the entertainment on offer.
The staff are all very friendly and helpful, and even the hotel cat comes for a cuddle every morning., obviously only when encouraged a little!

6  Thank PatC1956
Jose Angel V, General Manager at H10 Timanfaya Palace, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear PatC1956,

Thank you for your review and you rate of 5 points!!.

If you are all inclusive, you can have lunch in our Tapas restaurant or in the main restaurant, buffet and show cooking, or in both.. ; )