“Excellent adult only hotel”

H10 Timanfaya Palace
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is a superb hotel in a wonderful setting;right on the ocean front. The recently renovated rooms are modern, spacious and very clean. We requested a room on an upper floor and were allocated one on the top (5th floor).
All the staff we met were delightful. They are extremely friendly and helpful.

Playa Blanca is a very family oriented resort, so this hotel is a welcome escape from families with small children. We did see some family groups enter the hotel to try to short-cut to the promenade but they were quickly, and politely, escorted out.

The food is excellent with plenty of choice. The restaurant team are great.

The hotel provides entertainment each night and has themed party nights by the poolside.

Overall, a great hotel for adults. We would definitely return.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steely707
VazquezRomero, General Manager at H10 Timanfaya Palace, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Steely707,

For us is a honor to get such a nice review from an experienced traveler. I have seen your profile and you know the Canary Island very well!!. Thank you for the review and for the 5 points.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I first visited Timanfaya Palace in April 2012 with a group of 7 family members, we stood out in a couples hotel and I thought because of this we were given such outstanding service during our stay, I was wrong!
I revisited Timanfaya Palace from 21st - 28th July 2013 this time in a group of 4 and realized the service we had previously received was not out of the ordinary for the staff in this hotel. I felt so looked after and welcomed by the staff here and was very happy to see a few familiar faces from last year in the pool bar and the piano bar!
Anyway, details!..
On arrival you are greeted with a glass of champagne and with arriving at around 10pm we were told to take our bags to our room and come back as food had been plated up for us in the main dinner hall, could not have asked for anything more! perfect start to a perfect week.
My room (150) was beautiful, the view was of a very quiet area of the hotel and the sea in the distance. bliss to wake up to every morning.
You also receive a bottle of wine in the room and as we were noticed to be returning guests on the second night we found another had been left with a letter thanking us for returning and wishing us a lovely holiday, such a nice gesture!
The lady in charge of cleaning my room for the week was called Shirley and she did a wonderful job, thank-you very much.
The food could not be better, breakfast is to die for, fresh omlettes, eggs, bacon and pancakes being cooked all morning and a buffet off cerials, cakes, fresh juices, beans, toast anything you could want! I personally want to mention the pancakes, I had them every single morning with bacon or chocolate sauce (I am a student at home and so made the most of my all inclusive holiday! haha) I never got to catch the mans name as he was always so busy but he was there Monday - Friday and by Wednesday was greeting me every morning with ' Ola, Pancake' which I thought was lovely!
Lunch we ate mainly in the pool bar which has been through a massive change since last year menu wise and it has done well! the Russian salad was given to us to try one day and thank-you for the recommendation it was so fresh and light, and this happened almost everyday food just being given to us to try (im guessing this was due to our all inclusive wrist bands, they obviously wouldn't do that if we were going to be made to pay for food we didn't order! haha) such friendly, fun staff in there. couldn't believe other reviews mentioning rude staff in the pool bar, I never saw anything rude going on!
Dinner is a buffet with themed nights which worked very well, even with a theme there was still something for everyone and it was all fresh and perfectly cooked with the option of meat and fish being cooked in front of you for you as well.
The deserts were gorgeous, the cakes were so light and fluffy and the pastries were perfect, panaccotta was my favorite though.
We ate in the a la carte restaurant one night and that was amazing, the food was incredible the service could not be faulted and it was a lovely evening to get really dressed up and feel special especially as we there celebrating my parents silver wedding anniversary, 25 years!
Having a drink on a night was fine, it was a lovely atmosphere in the paino bar and the decor is amazing however with a rule of not getting drinks from the bar and instead staff coming to your seat was lovely 90% of the time, however if you really wanted another drink and had to wait sat without one it didn't really work.. but overall a nice idea, I just don't think it could work without a silly amount of staff working in that one area, nothing at all to do with incapable staff they were perfect even carrying drinks to your table on their head! such amazing staff I cannot say that enough.
I tried every cocktail and they are all to die for, they don't measure alcohol and will make it slightly strong for my taste at first but when I asked for a smaller amount of alcohol and more fruit juice I couldn't get enough of them, lovely.
my mum and I went to bed every night with a baileys hot chocolate and slept like a baby.
The pool areas are very clean and relaxing, with it being an adult only hotel its very tranquil by the waterfall and Jacuzzi.
Entertainment is as many people have said not brilliant but it is also not advertised to be or advertised as a party hotel, it is a very relaxing holiday and there is entertainment to those who wish to attend, the ABBA night when I was there was great, My mum loved it. And there was a very drunk lady in the audience who appeared to be enjoying herself too!
the musicians i the piano bar are wonderful, so talented and the resident duo singer and guitar player were also lovely.
I can honestly say I will be returning next year most probably with my boyfriend instead of family as it is a very romantic hotel, not that I felt out of place with my family as there were several other family groups as well.
Should be 5 star!
Thank-you Timanfaya Palace staff for a wonderful stay!
Phillips Family.

Room Tip: Room higher up are quieter, I've stayed on the 1st and 4th floor and although both were lovely 4...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank RosiePhillips93

Dear RosiePhillips93,

Thank you very much for your very nice review and your rate of 5 point!. Gracias!!!

We will wait for you next year, and that time with your boyfriend ; )

Jose Angel Vázquez

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Well my wife and I have just returned from our 10 day holiday in the H10, we would like to share some of our thoughts on our holiday.The hotel it self is fantastic, large and airy, well maintained,spotless in every sence.The pool is not cold as everyone said in other reviews,I was in it every day and when my wife got in,well then it's not cold, it's just no one seems to get in ,not even dip a toe in???There are lot's of beds all over the place but I did notice towels put on beds round the pool early, altough it's not allowed. It's very peacfull at the pool,entertainment during the day at the pool area is just o.k.Shooting,pool,water polo and keep fit, thats it.U have to sign for everything drinks, food etc, they don't take money anywhere in the hotel,u can let your bill run for as long as u like.U pay at reception , when u get your first print out dont be afraid to get it explained to u because its in spainsh, so u will know for the rest of the holiday. A pint is €3.80 but be warned a brandy on its own is ,wait for it........€10.30???? Staff are good and get on with their job, but a chat and a joke with customers is hard to come by,but that did not bother me.If u want a late drink forget it, bar closes at 12 and to be honest every one is gone to bed and there is no one to chat to which I was surprised at as it's a couples hotel, so stock them up boys and girls before 12? We got to know some lovely people from home (ireland) and the u.k.Ladys if u like to dress up in your best dress, this is the hotel for u, lads u must ware long trousers at dinner. Alot of the younger and older men for that matter would change into short trousers after dinner so dont forget to pack them.The food is really good, there is something for everyone,a big choice and lots of it, , Entertainmen at night is sometimes really good and sometimes hmmmmmm o.k. Its just lacks the good crack feel,if u know what I mean. It's either the most romantic hotel I was ever in or the most sleepy, because everyone just seems to head off to bed when the show is over. D'ont think this is a hotel full of oldies because its not there is a good age spread.There is not much out side the hotel but there is a lovely walk into the town centre, now its a good 20 minute walk in and if u continue on for another 10 minutes down to the harbour where all the flashy boats are, €4 gets u back in a taxi. There are lots of lively pubs in this area. Front desk staff do their job as they should do but a I found them a little cold at times. We had a little problem of our own doing and I found the front desk....its your problem,sort it out yourself which we did with the held of two fantastic girls we meat on holidays.(many thanks to them).U can get towels everyday ,€20 deposit, refunded at the end of your holidays, do not lose your recipt. Would we go back again .... yes we would,we loved everything about it,the fact its a couples only hotel. The rooms are cleaned every day and I think every room has a view of the sea,but that would'nt bother us. I am always amused when people kick up a fuss about a sea view ,i don't think we ever went on holidays to sit in my room and look out at the sea. We hope this review is helpfull and if u want to e.mail us with any questions ,we will get back to u as soon as we can. Enjoy your stay as we did. Stephen.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a view of the large pool which has a lovely water fall going into it and u a...
4  Thank rocky098
VazquezRomero, General Manager at H10 Timanfaya Palace, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear rocky098 / Stephen,

Thank you for your review. I really love the last sentences: "yes we would,we loved everything about it,the fact its a couples only hotel. We will get back to u as soon as we can. Enjoy your stay as we did".

About the brandy, you have written the most expensive: Remy Martin / Henessy. We have very good and cheaper ones too as: Veterano / 103: 3,50€; Torres 5 year: 3,50€; Carlos III: 3,90€; Torres 10 years: 4,20€... and much more...

If you lose your receipt of the deposit, don´t worrywe can look for the copy in the accounts department. It take some minutes longer... but, of course, you get your money back.

Gracias. Kind regards,

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed at Timanfaya Palace 28th July-4th August, lovely hotel, very clean, friendly staff and nothing to fault. Upgraded to priviledge room (no.320 and it was in a lovely quiet position and was extra large has it was situated on a corner. Met some lovely friendly people on our stay. All in all we had a very very enjoyable holiday. Thank you all at the Timanfaya Palace Hotel.
Mrs Deborah Stockings.

Room Tip: high floor, sea view, priviledge rooms
3  Thank deborah s
VazquezRomero, General Manager at H10 Timanfaya Palace, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Mrs Stockings,

Thank you for your review. Our goal is VERY happy guests. I find in your review you were quite happy, but not really happy (4 points). Please, send me in private if you wish an Emails with your ideas, why is not correct. It will help us.

Gracias.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed for 7 nights all inclusive in a sea view room which gave us Privelage status which basically meant as well as AI in main restaurant we could also eat AI in alacarte restaurant on ground floor and access to Privelage Lounge. A glass of bubbles when we checked in, then a bottle of cava and tray of fruit awaiting us in our room it was a great start to our stay. It only got better. A great chilled out week in a lovely hotel, staff always happy to help and a clear visable good relationship between hotel management and staff with a great customer focus. Good food and a wide varied selection at breakfast and dinner. Unfortunately did not try out lunch, mainly due to having eaten too much at breakfast, but menu looked great. Had a fab stay and cannot praise hotel and staff enough, keep up good work and we hope to return in the future :-)

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank DizzyLizzy33

Dear DizzyLizzy33,

Waw!!!!, So a nice review!!. I really appreciate it!. Thanks a lot too for the 5 points!.

See you soon. Kind regards,

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Are you sitting comfortably – then I’ll begin. My wife and I were due to fly to Tunisia (Tunis airport) on Friday 26th July with British Airways for an eleven night holiday in Yasmine Hammamet/Tunis. En-route to Gatwick we had an email from British Airways saying our flight had been cancelled. We contacted British Airways customer relations to ask why it had been cancelled – after some pressing the agent said there was a strike at Tunis airport. As we were one hour from the airport (we live in south Devon) the agent suggested we carry on and see what could be offered when we arrived. At Gatwick British Airways staff were not aware of the reason behind the cancellation, a supervisor looked into the cancellation – he said ‘someone had been shot and there had been an uprising’. Long story short – we were offered a refund and that was it – no alternate flight.
After a miserable six hour drive home we decided to look for a late deal holiday. The following morning (Saturday) my wife went to Exeter to see what was on offer at the travel agents. We had several choices and opted for a Thomson’s holiday at the H10 Timanfaya Palace Hotel in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote, a couples only hotel. We flew from Exeter on Sunday morning at 0700.
This was our first ‘package’ holiday – we usually book flights, hotels and transfers ourselves. Our experience at the H10 Timanfaya Palace was exceptional. We went half board and chose an upgrade for a balcony with a garden/pool/sea view. The check in was smooth. Our room on the second floor was large and fantastic, the bed was enormous, the bathroom spacious. We had been in our room a short while when we were given a bottle of red wine as a ‘present’ – nice touch. The room was spotlessly cleaned daily. The pool and garden area was immaculate and there were plenty of sun beds.
The food was very good and plentiful. There were ‘themed’ food nights, and if you so wished there was ‘bubbly’ at breakfast and a different aperitif each night at the entrance to the restaurant. There was a cook to order station offering; at breakfast, omelettes, freshly cooked bacon and pancakes. In the evening there were different types of meat, fish – including tuna and swordfish steaks – again all freshly cooked. Salad and fruit were abundant at all meals. The restaurant staff were all genuinely friendly and helpful. I would like to thank Pepe one of the senior waiters for helping with my poor Spanish! In fact all the staff were very professional, friendly and always willing to help.
There was abundant activities to do during the day, if you chose to. In the evening there was entertainment usually at 2200 – some of the acts were very good. We visited some local bars and there are shops nearby - Playa Blanca is a 20 minute walk from the hotel you have to explore!
My only observation/criticism is no cash is used in the hotel, you have to show a card (issued at reception when you check in) and sign for what you have ordered, you are given a carbon copy receipt. I have experienced this type of billing before. I would suggest that you keep your own tab and ask reception for a balance of your bill every other day. We were overcharged by approximately 24 euros. When queried the matter was resolved immediately.
In conclusion we had a fantastic break and I would recommend anyone to stay at the H10 Timanfaya Palace, we had a great experience there and intend to return again.
Thank you to all the staff at H10 Timanfaya Palace that made our holiday such a memorable one – after a distressing start.
See you all soon!!

6  Thank Stewart F

Dear Stewart F,

Every cloud has a silver lining. It was a pity about your holidays in Tunisia, but, I´m very happy you came to us a really enjoy your holidays.

As you write: see you soon!!!.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Timanfaya Palace from 28th July until 4th Aug. Slight wait for our room but this probably normal as we arrived at 13 :30. Our room was beautiful, we had a superior room with seaview which overlooked the pool area with palm trees. The room was cleaned to a high standard every day and towels changed on request.The staff working here are all very helpfull with excellent service and always with a smile, special mention to Carlos who we first encountered at the pool bar where we went for lunch while waiting for our room. When we told him we had just arrived he took time to explain how the menu worked and recommended some spanish dishes to try.The pool area was lovely with quality sunbeds and parasols both of which were in plentiful supply. The hotels policy of not reserving sunbeds before 09:30 am works very well and is strictly adhered too as towels on beds before this time are removed if the owners are not present. Food at the restaurants was of a high quality with a different theme every night.We stayed on an all inclusive basis. This hotel is how it should be done with branded drinks, which are poured at your table at piano bar and disco room.The entertainment was good with 3 professional shows .The duo 'His and Hers' were very good. My only slight criticism is that the entertainment team need to update their recorded music in disco bar as it was generally 60's music and catered for older clientelle.The week we stayed at the hotel there were a lot of younger couples staying there and not a lot of music for them, after all, it is a couples hotel whether you are 20 or 70, we are in our fifties by the way. In general very difficult to fault this very well run hotel and would definitely return. Thank you. Mr & Mrs Davies.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank gdavie40

Dear Mr & Mrs Davies,

Thank you very much for your nice review and your rate of 5 points. Gracias!!.

We´ll fit the music to the age guests.

In summer, from end of June to en of October, we have a extra professional show in our well known "Tuesday-partys".

I hope seeing you soon.