Reception was fast and efficient getting us in, very friendly and informative. A clear map of the site was available.
Let's put the record straight, this is a great location for families with kids. The new water park was a big hit with my grandsons and their friends. The animation team from HL & Thomas Cook were excellent and worked well as a combined team. The HL Cabaret was a stunner.
The daily opening HL 'club song' and the TC songs were sung with gusto by staff and the guests on every occassion. It was great to watch.
We travelled as a couple and were joined on week 2 by family. Overall we age ranged from 5 to 61 years, four males and three females and this met all our needs. I would have liked to be nearer the sea but I still enjoyed the pool here. I could have got the free bus to town but didn't bother so it was not an issue for me.
There was an issue with broken sun beds and this needs to be addressed. Further, an all inclusive deal should not leave you having to buy drinking water from reception. This was twice the price of the same product in the supermarket attached to the hotel. I simply refilled two half litre bottles at the pool bar as needed.
The staff were all very friendly, very helpful and were keen to help every guest as the need arose.
The apartments are spacious, furnished to a reasonable level and the maid service/ towel change was 5 days per week and very efficient. The accomodation is starting to look dated and there is wood erosion evident.
The odd cockroach put in an appearance but they were never a problem.
The bars were efficient and the staff very helpful. There were queues, short ones, in the evenings before and after bingo. Yes, I played bingo and it was good fun. Self service beer, soft drinks and wine kept things going.
The venue for the evening show was an issue, cramped, not enough tables and chairs on popular nights, however the animation teams were first class, most nights.
The meal times were lengthy with a wide range of food always available. The sheer range and quantity of food has the be seen to be believed, well done to every single employee in the restaurant. We had no issues whatsoever with choice or quality and we do have a fussy eater or two amongst us. Breakfast was oustanding in choice and quality, needs more toasters.
I checked on my family's accomodation before they arrived for our second and their first week. It was not where where I would have wished to stay so after a flurry of texts, we went to the reception staff who changed their two bed apartment on the edge of the site to a similar two bed at the heart of the site. The family were delighted with the change. When the reception staff act in a friendly and efficient manner to meet a client's needs this demonstates a good ethos throughought all the staff.
My family can be highly critical, we have visited a wide range of properties over the years. This would be near the very top of our satisfaction survey.
Every single member of staff was quick with an 'Ola, buenos dias' etc.
I will confess that I was at the pool at 0730 to get the sunbeds I wanted and one family were there hours before to get five in a line.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is situated in a slightly elevated location at the edge of the village Playa Blanca, approx. 1500 mtrs from the beach and approx. 2000 mtrs from the village centre with it’s bars, restaurants and shops. A free bus shuttle service to the Playa Dorada beach is arranged several times a day. The hotel consists of 290 modern apartments (renovated 2015/16) which are allocated in two story apartments. The main building offers a lobby with reception, bar and TV corner. It also offers three restaurants - an international, an Asian and an Italian one. The facilities includes as well a mini market, a pool bar, a gym and a disco. In the well kept gardens you will find 4 swimming pools (one of them heated 01/11-30/04) and a sun terrace with sun beds and umbrellas (free of charge). Pool towels will be provided against a small deposit. The water park “Dino Park”, which is opened daily, is attached to the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your HL Paradise Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Paradise Island Hotel Playa Blanca
- Paradise Island Lanzarote
- Aparthotel Paradise Island Playa Blanca
- Paradise Island Playa Blanca
- HL Paradise Island Lanzarote/Playa Blanca