“THE BEST HOLIDAY WE HAVE EVER HAD SO FAR”

H10 Lanzarote Princess
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Burton on Trent
“THE BEST HOLIDAY WE HAVE EVER HAD SO FAR”
Reviewed June 21, 2010

Just got back from the Princess for the 3rd year on the trott, we had the best time ever, the entertainments team were fantastic, they made our holiday amazing, yes i would say that the night shows are quite cheesey sometimes but if your up for a good laugh then just go with it, clap your hands, stamp your feet your on your holidays !!!. I can see how some people dont like the entertainment but its each to their own and you can escape to a quite stroll down the sea front, if thats your thing.
The hotel is ready for a lick of paint having said that we had a so called old room and we thought it very nice, old but clean. Apparently they are making the top floor into prestige level rooms for H10 members only, but you have to collect points to qualify for these rooms, and there is talk that this could become a all inclusive hotel in the near future, i cant see this is a good thing for a hotel that is so personal and friendly, it will seem like them and us if you know what i mean. It would be better if all rooms were at a high standard.
The only thing that did anoy me slightly was the Restaurant by the pool (not poolbar) the woman who seems to run it is as misserable as they come and whats worse if your waiting to be served for takeout she will serve the spanish before you no matter how long youve been waiting, very ignorant.
For a great family holiday though look no further, and once it has completed the refurb i think it will be up there with the best of them once again.
The Hairdressers opposite the shop actually do massages, you wouldnt think it due to lack of signs, but honestly she is absolutly fantastic, my wife and i were told about her by Rod a Princess regular so we tried it, WOW i wish i had found her on my first day instead of second to last, BRILLIANT!!!!.
all in all 10/10, cracking holiday.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Shakey01

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,296)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
westyorks
Reviewed June 19, 2010

Having stayed at the hotel previously,we decided to celebrate our ruby wedding aniversary there. After reading some of the reviews, it appeared that the hotel was under new management and losing its way, but after our stay we can honestly say that the welcome we recieved and the level of service from the whole of the staff, was some of the best we have had. We had a refurbished room overlooking the pool and although some alteration work was happening on an upper floor it didnt ditract us at all.Hopefully the dining room will be next on the list for an upgrade.All in all a verry enjoyable stay and we are looking forward to returning at christmas.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank WestyorksSilverfox
Shropshire
Reviewed June 14, 2010

I stayed HB at Lanzarote Princess in late May 2010 with my mum for a girls relaxing get-away. Taxi to hotel from airport is 40 euros. Hotel ok on arrival although we werent shown to room just given room key. Upon seeing the room I was horrified - it was dark, dusty, old, in fact quite depressing! Luckily I remembered reading on TRIPADVISOR about the hotel undergoing a refurb so went to reception to try my luck! Told them I had booked a refurb room and they couldnt have been more helpful. They didnt have one spare til the next day but it was WELL WORTH the wait. The new rooms are crisp white, modern, just lovely and I would happily recommend. I woud not have stayed in the old room even if they had refunded my money it was that bad. So once the room was sorted we could enjoy the holiday. Pools nice, loads of sunbeds but you have to pay about 60euro a day to hire matress and towels (little price to pay for comfort!). The grounds are nice, there is a crazy golf, play area and kids club, all looked nice and well-kept to me. Good library for book exchange, shop on site for basics.Beach, which is very nice and clean is a short walk (5 mins at most) across the road and down a hill and there are lots of shops/restaurants along the promenade which leads to the marina. This is a nice walk at night.
The hotel restaurants are still dated with old style furniture etc but if your'e there to bask in the sun then it doesnt really matter, and the food is ok but nothing to rave about. There is entertainment if you want it, if not, it is not obtrusive and you can get by without hearing or seeing it!! On the whole I would say its OK, I personally wont be going back but maybe the first bad room we had gave me a bad impression. If you get a bargain like I did (£150 HB for 5 nights hotel only) then go for it. If youre thinking of paying brochure prices then I would think again. I may be being a bit tough on this hotel as some people we spoke to return time after time, maybe read all reviews and take an average!! AND DEMAND A REFURBISHED ROOM!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
suffolk
Reviewed June 12, 2010

Just returned from a weeks holiday, as per usual excellent week with sun and sea and sand.
Visted 20 years ago when children were young, returned last year with my daughter excellent so thought we treat the other halfs they loved it.
Hotel is excellent, although they are refurbing you really would not know it as they have been doing it in blocks.
Had new room this year as requested really lovely just a couple teething problems some sockets did not work.
Maid service every day.
Restaurant and food excellent a bit slim on staff but obviously recession has hit there and not just in England but i must say the staff worked hard to keep tables clear and the food was always fresh and replaced all the time.
Am looking to return again in September with just my husband for two weeks.
I do have two concern s of which i have to put but remember this not a hotel pull down but a concern i have is that the pool is life guarded, please DO-NOT rely on him as all he done in the week while we were there was sit, eat, drink, read a paper every day, so unless they do get a new one please if you have children keep an eye on them, luckly i didnt take any young ones this time.
2nd
It does state there is a gym please do not rely on this as it is a mess, i assume that this is because of the refurb and will be doing it once refurb completed but they should state on there site that this gym is not fully functual.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
brit
Reviewed June 11, 2010

I took my daughter for her 17th Birthday gift 4 day in the sun....she loved the Hotel we did a trip to the national park and rode a camel it was great....the Hotel and room was lovely.The staff were helpful and the Thomas Cook rep Lloyd was a gentleman. I would have liked less staff clattering about at meal times with trollies and such....a tea pot would have been nice and a small jug to put milk into rather than keep going to a machine.But really it was great value.The pool is well kept and pleasent.TheLocation to the habour is ideal for a lovely stroll

• Stayed June 2010
Stockport Cheshire
Reviewed May 31, 2010

We returned to the Princess for two weeks, they are definately making changes here. Since our last visit in the new year my husband and myself both thought the food had improved, a bit more choice and better cooked, like before there is always something to choose whatever your taste. The staff where again very pleasant and friendly, even though they have reduced the staff in the dining room quite considerably they still manage a smile and hello. The dining room also seems more airy and open now as they have rearranged the layout. We were given an unfurbished room again and although it was old fashioned it was clean and fine for us as we don't spend much time in our room anyway. A lot of the rooms were being refurbished while we were there which meant there was some noise from this, also it wasn't as clean as workmen were coming and going, but it didn't spoil our holiday and it is essential work that the hotel needs to do so it didn't bother us too much. They have upgraded a lot of the sunbeds round the pool which are more comfy. One good thing that hasn't changed is the wonderful healing hands of Amanda in the 'Shangrila Salon' in the hotel at the opposite side from the restuarant downstairs, she works wonders with her massages and myself and my husband highly recommend you treat yourself to some pampering from Amanda whilst your there, you won't be dissapointed! We think the hotel is in a brilliant location and good value for money and we will definately return.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
london
Reviewed May 28, 2010

The hotel is amazing if you want to chill by the pool and relax. There are activites run to entertain kids such as archery,pool and mini golf,. The food is good in the restaurant where kids would manage, as there is a wide range. There is not much else to do, other then hotel facilities.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive
Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive
#27 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen
Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca

Been to H10 Lanzarote Princess? Share your experiences!