“My stay”

H10 Lanzarote Princess
Ranked #14 of 37 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Just back yesterday from a week at the H10 Lanzarote princess and right from the welcome drink of champagne on arrival I had nothing to. Om plain about. The staff were excellent and helpful, the meals were great with more selections than I could have imagined and still I did not work my way through the cakes, I was all inclusive and welcomed this as I could simply get a bottle of water, coffee anytime I wanted which for me is a bonus.

Ok the corridors to the rooms could do with a lick of paint but whose house does not have a room which could do with decorating? The pool was excellent, and the room 314 in my case was superb, all in all I reckon this was well worth the money and will go back in a jiffy.

How some people can winge and give this a one star I don't know, they must be very posh and live in castles.

Room Tip: Email before you go and try for a 3rd floor room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BigAlan5559
Write a ReviewReviews (5,592)

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Have had holidays in another h10 hotel on the island and been very satisfied, but this 4 star hotel didn't really live up to its four star status. We were particularly disappointed with the dining room. We were there on a half board basis. Breakfasts were okay, not great, with a selection of foods fruits etc. but evening meals were not up to the standard we had anticipated. Poor labelling made it difficult to determine what each dish actually was, and the same dreary desserts were trotted out each evening. Little regard paid to fruit flies on the compote several nights running and ice cream running away with itself because it didn't seem to be preserved at the correct temperature. Messy serving implements which didn't seem to be replaced with clean utensils throughout the course of service. Bedroom corridor carpets very grubby indeed. On the plus side, we were allocated a very spacious suite, and we're very comfortable. The hotel parades it's policy of not allowing sun beds to be reserved, but in fact this is not implemented, so before breakfast many of the poolside beds had been bagged!

Room Tip: Avoid the lower floors which look pretty dire. We were on the top floor, so caught the sunshine and...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liz J
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We've been coming back to this hotel for the last 8 years & most recently stayed for 10 days. There have been some changes, most notably "all inclusive" which I'm not convinced is a benefit! The hotel is in a perfect location. The staff are absolutely brilliant & go out of their way to ensure that you have a great time. If you do have a problem, they will do their utmost to fix it. We always stay half board as we like to venture out in the evening into the town which is less than 7 minutes walk away. The beach at Playa Blanca is beautiful & is less than 5 minutes away. The food is buffet stye, with a pasta station, & fresh meat & fish cooked to order. There is something for everybody. We also dined in the al la carte restaurant & it was superb & well worth a visit. We will be back again next year.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Lindsey M
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

I am writing this review to express my disappointment after spending a week at the Hotel H10 Princess in Lanzarote.

Bathroom. Bath side was rusty – Shower screen unclean. Human hair found in the bath on arrival.

Hallways. Carpets dirty and soiled, paintwork and skirting boards require painting, general air of neglect.

Dining Room. A dingy and depressing place to eat.

Food. Luke warm at all meal times.

Snack Bar. Birds allowed to walk on food counters and food serving areas. Staff only chased them away when hotel guests appeared.

Bar & Drinks. Cocktails and other drinks poor, not to standard.

Hotel. Apart from reception and the bar area there is a general air of neglect for example broken floor tiles, dirty windows, unpainted walls etc.

My wife and I stayed at this hotel 12 years ago. The hotel was to four stars standard in 2001. H10 Hotels have always been our first choice if one is located in the resort we intend to visit. The Lanzarote Princess would be hard pushed to obtain 3 stars in it's present condition.

On this occasion we feel we have been badly let down.
If I was awarding stars today, the Lanzarote Princess would struggle to obtain three. We will never stay there again!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank johnmcd44
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed at H10 Lanzarote Princess from the 10th of October 2013 to the 17th.

We had the half board deal and honestly we couldn't ask for more. The location of the hotel is Excellent, it is a 5 min walk from the Playa Blanca Beach.

The food is excellent you have so many varieties, from chocolate fountains to candy corner. There was a theme every day, for example, mexican food on tuesdays, chinese on friday, etc. The pool is very nice but personally I was always visiting many beaches around the area.

You must go visit the Papagayo beaches, th

. If you really wanna do a tour of Lanzarote, I recommend to rent a car and go by yourself, your gonna save a lot !! Overall, I loved my stay there and would definitely go again !! Have a safe and nice stay everyone

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank John B
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I'd read most of the reviews for the Lanzarote Princess on this site, and I can quite honestly say the majority of them were spot on. The hotel was spotlessly clean, the staff were friendly and the majority of them were always smiling. In fact you were treated as if you were old friends to most of them.
We had three minor problems in our room during the week (safe jammed, toilet blocked and a massive insect that had wandered in uninvited) and all were sorted out within fifteen minutes.
There was entertainment on every night, either mini disco and cabaret acts in the main room; or in the Piano bar where you could just relax, or some couples chose to dance to the easy listening music. Drinks wre very reasonable, and often cheaper than those served in the bars around the resort. And there was a good choice of cocktails both alcoholic and non alcoholic.
On checking in guests are given a complimentary glass of champagne. We were half board and were given a card which we produced every time we ordered drinks during the week. Then on the day you depart everything is totted up and you pay your bill prior to checking out.
Food was okay in the main restaurant, my only complaint there was not enought serving spoons and tongs for your choice of food. Not a problem to some, but my wife, who is a vegetarian, often found fish or meat bits on the utensils she was using for salad stuff.
BUT......two complaints.....which would be customers should be aware of. The main pool snack bar.......Doves, everywhere. Sitting on tables, sitting on plates. I wouldn't use the snack bar after seeing this.
And secondly.......Our room was lower ground.......facing the tennis courts......but between our terrace and the courts was a line of bushes and trees, which overhang the terrace. Hence we had no view at all, and very liitle sun during the day. Whatsmore the terrace lights go off at midnight so if you sit out after that you're in darkness and can't see much of the starry sky because of the trees.
All in all it was a nice hotel, with lovely staff, but I doubt if I will return there.

Room Tip: Ask NOT to be lower ground facing the tennis courts. All other rooms are fine.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank steven r
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed here with my husband my 9month old son & my parents.
The entrance was impressive, but it was never used by guests, the back gate led to the beach, shame!
The food was mediocre.... Lots of choice but not great.
The snack bar is absolutely disgusting, why would you not sort out a problem like having pigeons eating off tables, it's beyond me!
The Sakura restaurants food was lovely, shame the chefs weren't as good in the main food areas!
We we're put in a room next to a 'staff room' (1073) they had the tv on during the night which woke up my son, which I complained about. They also had a small window which could look onto our balcony which I was annoyed about, we heard several loud Spanish phone calls whilst sat quietly on our balcony! The room was ok, modern but not looked after, which was the same as the rest of the hotel.
The pool was really unclean, I could see the horrible grimy layer, I only saw it cleaned properly once in the week, and our swimwear did turn yellow.
We also woke up on our last day to an ant infestation in our bathroom.
The night time entertainment was rubbish during our stay only 1 decent act in the week!
The only positives were the location is great and the staff who are absolutely fantastic, extremely friendly and will do anything to help. I do feel sorry for them though as they do seem rushed of their feet.
It's such a shame this hotel could be great!

• Stayed: October 2013
Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun
H10 Sentido White Suites
H10 Sentido White Suites
#6 of 37 in Playa Blanca

Been to H10 Lanzarote Princess? Share your experiences!