As a family we use to visit this Hotel on a regular basis and at that time were this Hotels biggest fans, however once the Disco opened across the road from the Princess and ruined a number of holidays with the noise which goes on until the early hours of the morning, particularly at weekends, we decided to holiday elsewhere. We had missed the Princess and its beautiful pool and easy access to the lovely local beach, so after a period of a few years we decided to give it another try and booked an 11 day holiday for April.
Having just returned after a fantastic week of wall to wall sunshine I thought I would report on the Hotel following its recent refurbishment. It has certainly had a face lift, but unfortunately like some facelifts I dont think it will stay looking this good for long! One has to ask why the design team has gone for `style` over `durability`? This is a family BEACH Hotel yet in their professional opinion thought snow white leather Chesterfields; chairs; and loose soft fabric couches in public areas; wall paper in bedrooms (already torn and peeling) would keep their appearance for decades to come? Why on earth have all the lovely warm wooden doors and fascias been painted a boring off white colour? The corridor carpets have been replaced with stripey coloured carpet on a cream back ground and by the end of our relatively short stay the stains on the white leather chesterfields and chairs were beginning to show; the cushions were all saggy and getting tossed around by some young children; the stains of spilt drinks and dropped ice creams/lollies were all to obvious on the corridor carpets - Its a family beach hotel not some up market boutique type hotel in Madrid! H10 have spent all this money on the refurbishment without thinking it through! Its very much style over substance!
Apart from the Soup which is a tasteless Minestrone most days, there is still a wide variety of food to choose from, however having said that I have to agree with some of the food critics, H10 are either NOT buying in quality meat OR the young chef, with the filthy looking bandage/wrist guard(?) around his wrist, who was cooking the meat; fish; poultry needs to find another career! He poured vast quantities of cold oil onto the food before and half way through the cooking resulting in the `freshly cooked` meat being tough and tasteless; as was the fish and chicken! The Steak was so thin it could have been flash cooked in a minute and NOT drowned in cold oil and left to reheat for 7/8 minutes! I would definately sugest a visit to the new coffee room, a great place for ice drinks and delicious cake and I hear that an open area will accommodate a barbecue which will hopefully offer delicious food (depending on the chef of course).
The staff numbers in the bars have been reduced, so it makes it difficult to get table service and I`m sure must be costing H10 a fortune in profits from lost drink orders. Its very much the same entertainment in the piano bar - Saxaphone/Piano oh how I wish they would have alternative nights with Piano/Saxaphone and Piano/vocalist. The entertain in general was very poor compared to other hotels we have stayed at. I would suggest a visit to Mollie`s Irish Bar (which is half way down the little path that lead to the beach) the entertainment there is good and the table service much better than H10`s!
Would I recommend this Hotel? Well if you are looking for a good 3 star this should suit you, however if you want a 4 star hotel look online at the Yaiza but it will cost you a lot more, but you do get quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the fishing village of Playa Blanca, in the south of Lanzarote, H10 Lanzarote Princess is well renowned on the island for its facilities and high quality services. The hotel has recently been refurbished, giving it a very modern design with a vintage touch, while new services have also been added. Check out Sakura, our new oriental restaurant and pop into the new specialised coffee shop Mike's Coffee. Come and discover the Despacio Beauty Centre and, if you're looking for the extra touch of exclusivity, we can offer you Privilege, Exclusive Rooms and Services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your H10 Lanzarote Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Lanzarote Princess Hotel Playa Blanca
- h10 Lanzarote Princess Playa Blanca
- Lanzarote Princess Hotel
- Princess Hotel Lanzarote