“Good family holiday, excellent staff”

H10 Lanzarote Princess
Ranked #14 of 37 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just returned from a week at this hotel with my family. I was a bit worried before we went after reading some of the reviews about refurbishment, but we were more than happy with our holiday. Yes, there are parts of the hotel that still need a bit of tarting up, but it can't all be done at once and what they have refurbished has been done to a good standard. There was no building work going on when we were there.

We were in a family room on the ground floor, which wasn't one that had been refurbished. Having said that it was fine, the bathroom was clean and the beds were huge! Individual camp beds for the kids was good as they don't like sharing a double. The bathroom could do with a revamp as it was a bit "90's" but I'm very fussy about hygiene and wouldn't have stayed anywhere dirty. This wasn't dirty, just a bit dated.

The pools were great, my kids are 9 and 7 and loved the pools (although the 9 year old is a bit old for the slides now!) The pool bar was very convenient and we took full advantage of the daily happy hour, as we were half board. The "La Choza" restaurant (I think it was called that) served good food, although I was put off by the amount of doves there were landing around the hot buffet area. The food was all covered but even so, I didn't like that very much!

Breakfast and evening buffets were good, a little daunting on day 1 as we weren't used to such a large choice of food all in one place! But we soon got used to the routine and there was always something we could find to eat, even for my very fussy daughter. They loved the chocolate fountain! One piece of feedback we gave to the staff was the quality of the orange juice from the machine was quite poor, it was mass produced diluted concentrate stuff, not nice at all. But I guess when there are so many people to cater for this might be the only option. Having said that, there was always Cava on offer at breakfast time if you wanted it!!

The staff were really helpful and efficient. One waiter in particular (his name was Jesus) was great with our kids and was always talking to them and making them laugh. There was also a woman who came round daily at mealtimes asking us for feedback and checking everything was OK, I thought that was a nice touch.

The hotel is really close to a nice beach and there are good shops just up the road. There's a local bus that takes you around Playa Blanca (we took the number 30 to the Lanzasur hotel where there's a great water park) and you can walk to the Rubicon Marina where they have a market day on Tuesday and Saturday. The local supermarket opposite the back of the hotel is a bit pricey, worth walking a little further up the road to find cheaper produce.

Overall, we had a lovely holiday, in a good hotel.

3  Thank lindyloo1970
There are newer reviews for H10 Lanzarote Princess

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We had this Hotel was recommended on the basis I have difficulty walking. There are steps but there are just as many slopes for wheelchairs or pushchairs. The hotel is clean and bright and cheerful. We went All Inclusive, the meal times were generous, so if you are an early bird or like a lie in breakfast is there waiting for you. Evening meals also have a wide time for you do enter the dining room. The staff are continually cleaning and renewing the food, so it is always hot/coldand there is a good choice. Entertainment was the usual low key stuff.
The staff were cheerful and helpful. The children's play area was brilliant. there are plenty of beds but I didnt like the umbrella's the were screwed to the floor, very unusual.
Would I go again, yes please. Would I recommend the hotel to others, yes especially for the disabled, not many places are as good as this for helping us feel part of 'normality'.

Room Tip: if you are given a ground floor room, make sure they explain how to find it. they are great but ther...
5  Thank worzel41
lnz_hlp, BOOKING DEPARTMENT at H10 Lanzarote Princess, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear client,

Thank you for your nice comments and for having chosen our hotel to enjoy your last holiday in Lanzarote.

We feel very happy knowing that we have complied with your expectations about the different aspects of the Hotel.

We hope to welcome you again in our hotel,

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Have just returned from a enjoyable weeks break at the H10 Princess in Playa Blanca.
On arrival we were given a free glass of wine by the receptionist ( always a good sign ).
Our room was large, comfortable, massive balcony, nice decor and immaculate ( cleaned daily during our stay )
The pool area was fine - always able to get sun loungers no matter what time of day it was.
Nice little bar next to the pool ( happy hour 4 - 5 o'clock 2 drinks for the price of 1 ).
The food at breakfast and evening meal was fine with different theme nites most days but we did find the restaurant was very crowded at nite and the fo0d does become a bit repetitive.
But there are plenty of nice places to eat in Playa blanca - we particularly enjoyed La Chalalito and Plaice in the Sun.
During our stay we visited Fuerteventura on the ferry - well worth the visit and the Fire Mountain which was a very enjoyable experience.
The Hotel has a very good central location which is ideal as it isa minutes from the beach, town center, marina and ferry terminal.
Overall we enjoyed our time at the H10 Princess and Playa Blancaand would return to both.

Sean and Pat ( Doncaster ).

2  Thank Sean R
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Just back from a 10 day family holiday in mid October. Hotel has under gone a major refurb since we last visited, which really improve the place. Excellent service when we checked in. Most reception staff are very helpful, with one exception! We had emailed the hotel a few weeks before travelling requesting a pool view, this was duly delivered, very pleased with our rooms. Refurbished and well maintained, new towels daily no real complaints. Pool area plenty of sun beds though sometimes parasols were at a premium.
Service in bars etc was fine.
We were half board, food was plentiful, lots of choice, only the fussiest of eaters could genuinely complain. Restaurant is a bit dated as this hasn't been updated, also got busy once school holiday period started. We also went to the Sakura ala carte restaurant one night, fantastic food and the staff were excellent, highly recommended .
Hotel is in a really central location for both resort centre and the marina.
The hotel isn't perfect however it's very good and I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel

3  Thank G S
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Well done Lanzarote Princess - you have made excellent changes!!

We stayed here 3 years ago and at that time thought it was nice enough, maybe a good 3 star hotel, but not the advertised 4 star, but now I would be happy to call it a decent 4 star.

We returned on 25th October after a week half board and we have had an absolutely brilliant holiday. We are 2 adults and a 15 year old, we got private transfers with resorthoppa from the airport and were so pleased to be whisked off long before the Thomson transfer bus and we were at the hotel within 30 mins - this journey took us over an hour the last time we went with the Thomson bus, so well worth paying for). This meant we arrived before the crowd and were the only ones checking in at that time. The lady that greeted us was very very nice, she offered us a glass of cava while she sorted our check in. She didn't quite tell us as much as I would have expected, but as we had stayed before, we knew a lot about the hotel already, but had we been first time visitors we may have been a little lost.

Our room was over on the Piano Bar side of the hotel up on the 2nd floor, which was the top floor for the section that we stayed in (there is a section in the middle that has 3 floors, but only because the restaurant is the ground floor). Our view was all that was needed, facing onto the pool area, couldn't quite see the sea, but never mind, that doesn't worry me, this was only because there are a lot of trees around the pool area, some taller than others so you could find that we had a better view than most. I think the location of our room was perfect and if you are not sure what to ask for, room 2051 would be worth it, unless you are really fussy about your view.

The room was pristine, and I really mean that. It is freshly decorated, a million miles away from what our previous room 3 years ago had been like and it had been renovated at the time. It is very light and airy, modern and clean. The air conditioning was excellent and it was very nice to have a cool room to come back to after a day in the sun (some hotels turn it off when you leave the room, or if you open the balcony doors, but this one didn't).

We had been given robes and slippers, a basket of fresh fruit, a box of chocolates and a voucher for 2 free cocktails which was a very nice touch. I expect this was all because we are members of the H10 club which we had joined the last time we stayed.

The bathroom scared me a little at first as the door is a frosted glass, which you can't see through but it doens't lock and it doesn't actually fit sealed into the doorway (this was how it was meant to be, it wasn't a fault!) So there was a small gap right round the door, so if you looked through it you could see someone in there. It turned out to be not such a problem after all, it just did shock me at first and in actual fact there was no issue in the end. One thing I did mention on the comment card is the mirror situation. There is a full length mirror on the way out the room which happens to be opposite this bathroom door, and this was the only mirror in the room (other than one in the bathroom), so if someone was using the bathroom and someone was trying to get ready (hair, make up etc), then there could be a problem with seeing through these gaps in the door, some may not like this. So quick and easy solution H10, put a mirror above the desk so you can do your hair and make up away from the bathroom.

The room was cleaned every day, the towels were changed any time we needed them to be, the bathroom was very clean and for once I was more than happy to get into the shower and didn't feel that it was 'grotty' in any way.

We went to reception to ask for a safe key and a fridge, you pay a deposit for the safe key and pay for a weeks use of the fridge. By the time we got back to the room there was a knock 5 mins later with the fridge being delivered, we were amazed at this speed. The next day we found that the fridge didn't seem to be very cool so asked about it at reception, the fridge was replaced within 30 mins.

The pool area is almost as we remember it with the only change being the new pirate ship for kids to play on. The sun beds were new and comfy enough when you pick up a mattress from the lifeguard. You get your towels from reception on first day and then get your deposit back when you leave, these can be changed every day for fresh ones.

Breakfast was brilliant, so much choice! (Almost too much choice!!) Fresh made pancakes, omeletes, criossants and other pastries, plentiful bacon, sausages, beans, eggs etc every day with a slight variation each day. Choice of cereals, fruit, yogurts, meats, cheeses, breads and freshly made smoothies too. And a nice cheeky wee glass of cava to wash it down if you wish.

We had lunch at the outdoor restaurant a couple of times. Was a little dissapointed by the number of birds that fly over your head while eating. If you go on there, look for a table that isn't directly under a beam, just in case!! They don't bother you at all, they are just there. The meal was very nice and the service was very good.

The hotel kindly allows you to swap an evening meal to lunch which is great if you do want to go out for a change. We did this on one occassion and really really enjoyed our lunch in the buffet restaurant.

The evening meal was good, I think you take a few days to get into the swing of things as at first it's daunting with the number of people and all the different types of food, and you get in there and think, where do I start! The food was mostly good and hot and tasty, I would have liked to have tried some more things and been a bit adventurous but as not everything was labelled I was a little reluctant. The queue for the grilled food was a little long, but I decided towards the end of the holiday that I would give it a go and on 2 occassions it didn't take as long as it seemed. The desserts are a little repetitive each night, with mini cakes of all flavours to try, but just looks like the same thing in a different shape each night. The ice cream is great, but the queue was not - I remember there being ice cream on both sides last time, perhaps when the hotel is this busy, this would be worth doing again. Overall the food was good with different themes most nights which gave you plenty choice, I would say there is definately something for everyone.

We didn't go to the entertainment in the evening, this wasn't all that great last time we stayed so we never braved it, although I expect it probably has improved a little in 3 years. The piano bar is a nice area to sit. We tended to go in from the pool about 5pm and would have a drink in there as it is happy hour in there from 5-6pm as well as in the pool bar from 4-5pm.

There are games and activities on all day for adults and children. The kids club looks very well organised and I was amazed at how well the staff knew the children when I went to one of the activites. They are a great team and appear to work very hard - as does ever member of staff really, you see them all day long still working.

The hotel is now a credit to the H10 chain I would say. We have booked to stay at another H10 hotel in Tenerife next summer, but know for a fact that we will return to H10 Lanzarote Princess.

Thank you for having us, it was a pleasure to stay.

p.s. - sorry for the very long review, but I sometimes think that reviewers don't always concetrate on the good points so much and I wanted to confirm that this hotel really has no problems like some of the reviews have said (referring to some of the reviews I read before I left) - yes there can always be a problem, but you can't fault the staff for the way they handle it.

6  Thank magfo

Dear client,

Thank you very much for your comments about our H10 Lanzarote Princess.

We feel very happy knowing that you have enjoyed your stay in the hotel, and your opinion exhibit the best gratification to our daily effort.

We hope to welcome you again!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed here with my two children ..age 7 and 12 and my parents, both mid seventies for a week in October. We stayed half board. My parents have stayed at this hotel on several occasions before but I personally have never stayed in a hotel always favouring self catering when I travel with my children and husband. For this reason I have little to compare but was completely won over by the hotel type holiday, which having avoided them most of my life, came as a bit of a surprise!

It is therefore probably worth saying that I have nothing similar to compare it with but for those questioning its 4 star status, then I would say that they've clearly never done three star!

In summary, hotel was efficiently ran, bright, clean and modern in all the refurbished areas. I had a triple room room at the front of the hotel with my which had lovely views over the lanzarote mountains and countryside. Staff were pleasant and helpful if required.

Food at breakfast and dinner was plentiful and of a decent standard. You would be hard pushed not to find something you like. At first I found the rush and biz of the restaurant a bit overwhelming but got into the swing and found that despite the large numbers of guests that it ran very efficiently. My kids loved the freedom a buffet offered...personally I probably wouldn't want to eat there for a fortnight, preferring to sample some local restaurants but for a week it was fine and good value.

Kids loved the pool area...kids pool/pirate ship got busy at times but the large pool stayed virtually empty the whole week we were there - perhaps because the water temp was pretty bracing!! There were signs forbidding inflatables which was a bit disappointing for the children. Pool was clean although did notice on the first day a worrying formation of some unpleasant looking substance close to the edge but soon came to realize it was as a result of some nuts from one of the overhanging trees falling into the water and dispersing a not very pleasant looking liquid from its shell. It was soon given attention though and cleaned up.,and was clearly harmless.

The kids club was ran by the local hard working animation team. My daughter loved going although I did feel the age range of 3 to 12 isn't very realistic. I think beyond the age of 8 it would struggle to keep her attention. . Similarly there wasn't too much going on by way of organised activities for my 12 year old....all the water based activities during the day.. polo etc., and the mini golf, he was told was for adults only. He did however enjoy the "teen club" which was supervised and open from 10 till 11 p.m ..most evenings. .

Evening entertainment consisted of kids disco from 830 till 0900 followed by other family shows of varying standard, most decent enough. The "professional" shows such as Bee gees tribute and parrot show probably being the highlights for us (the animations's team glee special was entertaining but perhaps not for the right reasons!). A special mention must go to the animation team of only three though, who worked their socks off day and night, so could be forgiven for a few dodgy dance moves:). For those favoring a more low key type of entertainment then the piano bar offered just that.

The most disappointing part of whole hotel was the pool snack bar which now looks very tired and under utilised compared to the refurbished parts of the hotel, but guess this might be next to be targeted.

Hotel location is great..just out the back gate (using your key card), across the road and then less than 50m from the main front beach, shops and promenade of playa blanca. Having stayed in other parts of Lanzarote then I'd say playa blanca is by far the nicest and prettiest resort of them all. Also recommend a trip to fire mountain.

Overall, had a great, week ...and would definitely recommend for a relaxing, sunshine break in an ideal location.

3  Thank FalkirkBairnsx4

We hope to welcome you again in our hotel,

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We travelled with Thomson at the beginning of October for 10 night stay at the Lanzarote :Princess in Playa Blanca. We found the hotel very good. All the public rooms were lovely and clean and welcoming. The food was wonderful. Lots of variety. Everything you could think of in a serve yourself restaurant. Our room was comfortable. The hotel is friendly and carefree and we would definitely go back sometime.
Our only grumble (and it is only a small one), is the evening entertainment could have been better. We went out most evening as there wasn't much to stay in for. We found Mollies Irish pub good fun, especially after 10pm when the entertainment started.
The resort is, in our opinion, the best in Lanzarote.

1  Thank J0hn_Jen

Dear client,

Thank you very much for your comments about our H10 Lanzarote Princess.

We hope to welcome you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Blanca
#6 of 37 in Playa Blanca
Hesperia Lanzarote
Hesperia Lanzarote
#2 of 4 in Puerto Calero

Been to H10 Lanzarote Princess? Share your experiences!