Stayed at this hotel for two weeks from 19 January. The hotel has many good points and a few bad. My only serious gripe about the Papagayo Arena is the beds, which we thought were hard and lumpy. Some people we spoke to thought the beds were ok but I felt as though I was lying on a bag of assorted springs. Beds apart, we liked the rooms, which are large, and equipped with essentials such as a hairdryer and a fridge. The balconies are a good size with reasonable wicker furniture and we had a beautiful sea view from our room in Block C.
The hotel is very clean and we had no problems with any of the staff. The reception staff are too busy to be overly friendly but we found them approachable and efficient, and the restaurant staff go about their business in an unobtrusive manner. The food is generally good, although we were disappointed by the oriental restaurant. The pizza/pasta we enjoyed. I agree with the earlier reviewer who suggested a late dinner if you want a more relaxing experience. If you like coffee I suggest you bring your own as the brew they serve in the restaurant is revolting! You can however get much better coffee from any of the bars in the hotel. The drinks available in the all inclusive are reasonable. The wine is drinkable and the beer is cold. We did not try the cocktails. The hotel has a good spa with 3 jacuzzis, a steam room and sauna. It also has a good gym and pool tables can be found at various locations across the site. Were it not for the beds I would consider this hotel to be one of the best 4* hotels I have stayed in in Europe. It does not offer the standard of service we have experienced in Mexico and elsewhere but then it does not carry a Caribbean price tag either. Overall we believe we got value for money and enjoyed a relatively inexpensive winter break only 4 hours from the UK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort All Inclusive is located on the seafront in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. The hotel is close to beaches of the Papagayo Natural Park (600m). The Timanfaya National Park is 20 km away. The rooms are spacious and bright, with a balcony with views, bathroom with hairdryer, satellite TV with international channels. Each room provides a safety deposit box (supplement charge). The complex provides four outside pools, gym, minigolf and sports center, plus spa, sauna and steam bath. It also has eight bars, a disco and a snack bar, as well as a few restaurants: - International Restaurant - Italian Restaurant - Fusion Restaurant: Alternately Mexican/Oriental Nights The front desk is 24 hour manned and has a tourist information including car rental and tour services. The hotel provides free Wi-Fi in public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Papagayo Arena Beach Hotel
- Papagayo Arena Lanzarote
- Papagayo Arena Resort
- Hotel Papagayo Arena
- Papagayo Arena Hotel Lanzarote
- Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort Lanzarote/Playa Blanca