Stayed with my husband last two weeks in november. We love this hotel and it was our second visit. It is a big complex but at that time of year never feels busy. Views are just stunning. It is a good walk into town along the lovely promenade but there is something different around every corner. We stayed in c block which is very quiet as you don't get the noise from the pool area during the day.
Free bus into town.
The food is varied and good quality at every meal. I never had the same meal twice in two weeks. Since our last visit the Mexican restaurant and chill out terrace have been added. The mexican restaurant is converted from the pool snack bar on an evening. This was also excellent and a very varied selection. The Chinese restaurant is also worth a visit. The chill out terrace has lovely views and a nice place to sit for an early evening drink.
The hotel is spotlessly clean.
All staff are friendly and good at their jobs, down to good management, but in particular we found our maid Sandra, Victor, Frika and Theresa from the Green Bar and mariesol from the Mexican restaurant to be very polite, efficient and friendly.
wifi doesn't have any coverage in the rooms but ok in all public areas.
Free use of the spa, gym and towels.
If there was one criticism it would be that there is just no outside space where non-smokers can relax without breathing in smoke. There is a very small area on the canarian bar balcony which is designated non -smoking but no one obeys this rule. Even the chillout terrace, which is huge, could be segregated very easily.
Still a fabulous, well run hotel though and we will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort All Inclusive is located on the seafront in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. The hotel is close to beaches of the Papagayo Natural Park (600m). The Timanfaya National Park is 20 km away. The rooms are spacious and bright, with a balcony with views, bathroom with hairdryer, satellite TV with international channels. Each room provides a safety deposit box (supplement charge). The complex provides four outside pools, gym, minigolf and sports center, plus spa, sauna and steam bath. It also has eight bars, a disco and a snack bar, as well as a few restaurants: - International Restaurant - Italian Restaurant - Fusion Restaurant: Alternately Mexican/Oriental Nights The front desk is 24 hour manned and has a tourist information including car rental and tour services. The hotel provides free Wi-Fi in public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TravelUp, Expedia, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Papagayo Arena Beach Hotel
- Papagayo Arena Lanzarote
- Papagayo Arena Resort
- Hotel Papagayo Arena
- Papagayo Arena Hotel Lanzarote
- Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort Lanzarote/Playa Blanca