Where to start....
This hotel has really positive, great aspects, along with some poor/diabolical aspects too. We would go back if it came in at the right price, and onlyRoyal Elite service.
C block, overlooking the beach, could hear the waves crashing which was lovely. Unspoilt view of the sea and fuerteventura. Aircon was a complete joke, broke down for 8 days. Despite several engineer visits, it was finally admitted that the main aircon to the whole hotel had broken down. Whilst the assistant director was understanding and provided us with a large fan for the room, the excuse that its "hot" in lanzarote in August was somewhat confusing. The fan only came after a written complaint was emailed and, a subsequent telephone call from Jet2, after we had spent 6 days trying to resolve.
Worth every penny, as there is a private lounge, with help yourself branded drinks and snacks and a barman waiting at night to serve. Big leather settees and wifi. Wifi is sporadic but generally ok. We noticed large queues at all other bars every night...did not see this in the lounge.
Another bonus with royal elite is the private breakfast room, waiter service for drinks and coffee, no queues and a fantastic range of food. The main restaurants were a complete bun fight for breakfast, after 2pm at lunch and after 8:30pm for dinner-you would think people had not eaten for 3weeks the way they acted!
Pools-4 pools, all packed with inflatables and water guns, despite signs saying they were not to be used. No place to go and have a quiet swim. Hit and miss if you got a sunbed,especially in a shaded area. If you got a bed after 9:30 you were doing well!
Restaurants-food ok, and as expected, samey, but cooked really well, and a fantastic selection of fresh fruit, meats and fish.
Mexican restaurant was the best feature but book an early slot (before 7:45) and get a seat by the window as there is no air conditioning.
Staff-reception staff miserable and do the bare necessary to deal with your query. We were recommended this hotel by the director of the Belive Lanzarote Resort, however, when we go back to his hotel in October, we will tell him how good his hotel is in comparison
This hotel is better than the gran Castillo next door, where we have stayed.
It has potential to be 5 star, if the rooms had a makeover, and effective management around the restaurants, pool and reception. We will try this hotel again if we see a good deal to return, and hope that the management team really take on board comments being made, which are pretty consistent in most of the reviews we have seen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort All Inclusive is located on the seafront in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. The hotel is close to beaches of the Papagayo Natural Park (600m). The Timanfaya National Park is 20 km away. The rooms are spacious and bright, with a balcony with views, bathroom with hairdryer, satellite TV with international channels. Each room provides a safety deposit box (supplement charge). The complex provides four outside pools, gym, minigolf and sports center, plus spa, sauna and steam bath. It also has eight bars, a disco and a snack bar, as well as a few restaurants: - International Restaurant - Italian Restaurant - Fusion Restaurant: Alternately Mexican/Oriental Nights The front desk is 24 hour manned and has a tourist information including car rental and tour services. The hotel provides free Wi-Fi in public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Papagayo Arena Beach Hotel
- Papagayo Arena Lanzarote
- Papagayo Arena Resort
- Hotel Papagayo Arena
- Papagayo Arena Hotel Lanzarote
- Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort Lanzarote/Playa Blanca