Just back from a week in the Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort in Playa Blanca. I sometimes wonder what some people expect from a holiday hotel and the money they pay ? But this is what we thought of our stay…..
Hotel was lovely really nice and spacious, the size of the rooms are more than adequate in Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort compared to the size of some hotel rooms we have stayed in, the beds are massive ! and after all, all you really do in there is shower change and sleep so who needs a massive room ?? Cleanliness of the hotel was good and our room was cleaned to a high standard when we arrived, which continued throughout our stay.
We upgraded to the "Royal Elite" which we found to be handy, apart from the bath robes, slippers etc you also get slightly longer for breakfast & all inclusive drinks. All inclusive drinks finish at 11 sharp each night and breakfast in the main restaurant ends at 10.30, if you’re royal elite you do get slightly longer for each. 1st hotel we have stayed in where cocktails are included in the all inclusive. We tried both the Mexican & Asian restaurant (Asian twice) and enjoyed them both & had no problem booking. The Italian is part of the "international" restaurant so you don't need to book for there. The food it's self is of a good standard & there was always plenty of options to choose from. The snack bar near one of the pools makes fresh pancakes each day at 4pm and they were lovely.
The hotel is a little far out and probably not suitable for the less able bodied person, it’s a good half hour walk into playa Blanca but it is along a lovely pedestrianised promenade, with spectacular views across to Furventura. We hired bikes through the hotel and used them. As with all hotels pool beds are a nightmare but I can honestly say we didn't have a problem here, there were always a couple of beds if we were prepared to look. The pools were not the warmest I have been in but as the week progressed they did start to warm up slightly. Due to the location of the hotel & the fact its Lanzarote you always get a breeze so I don’t think the pools would ever get as warm as they do in the Balearics or mainland Spain but they were all bearable :)
Evening entertainment was nothing flash although the magician they had on 1 night was quite good & well worth a look if you get the chance. All the staff in the hotel from the reception staff down to the cleaners were pleasant and polite,
Anyone wishing to do or thinking of doing the Segway tours that are available near to the hotel I would suggest you e-mail segway in advance as they were fully booked when we were there.
We went to Aqua lava “Water Park” it newly built and nice and clean but quite small so don’t go expecting anything too much. To was however adequate for our needs and we had a good day out, ......we cycled there & back.
My little boy and i used the spa facilities and they were nice and relaxing...children can use the spa when accompanied by an adult up to 3pm.
All in all would I recommend this hotel???? WITHOUT A DOUBT :) it’s clean, its spacious, the staff are pleasant, the food was good, couldn’t think of a bad thing to say really :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort All Inclusive is located on the seafront in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. The hotel is close to beaches of the Papagayo Natural Park (600m). The Timanfaya National Park is 20 km away. The rooms are spacious and bright, with a balcony with views, bathroom with hairdryer, satellite TV with international channels. Each room provides a safety deposit box (supplement charge). The complex provides four outside pools, gym, minigolf and sports center, plus spa, sauna and steam bath. It also has eight bars, a disco and a snack bar, as well as a few restaurants: - International Restaurant - Italian Restaurant - Fusion Restaurant: Alternately Mexican/Oriental Nights The front desk is 24 hour manned and has a tourist information including car rental and tour services. The hotel provides free Wi-Fi in public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TravelUp, Cancelon, Expedia, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Papagayo Arena Beach Hotel
- Papagayo Arena Lanzarote
- Papagayo Arena Resort
- Hotel Papagayo Arena
- Papagayo Arena Hotel Lanzarote
- Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort Lanzarote/Playa Blanca