We went for some out of season sun in April and organised our own transfers - taxi - took us to the wrong hotel to start with as there are a few with the same name in Playa Blanca - never a good start with two children. Check in at hotel is poor - staff are slow and the one we experienced at check in was not the best. I noted from a previous review about the orange juice and bubbly in the reception so helped ourselves which was nice - the staff at reception do not tell you to do this but after a drink it all felt much better.
We upgraded to the elite package for a suite with extra room for the kids - well worth it for that plus the fact you get to use the elite bar with premium drinks and chill out area with Wi-Fi etc - nice. The view from the hotel is over the beach although it is a rocky beach and the metal hotel fencing does look a bit rough. The hotel itself is big and can feel a bit dated in the communal areas however after your first day you do not notice this. Pool areas are good, loads of sunbeds. Kids pool is great as it is only about 0.3 metres deep so the kids can play in it without you having to hover around them continuously. Food is buffet style (elite breakfast is served to you which is good) and is generally good. There are some "speciality restaurants" Mexican and Chinese which you have to book and having been to them once, that was enough for us - it felt exactly the same as the buffet only on a smaller scale. These are not restaurants to go out for anything special - more just to eat. We walked into Playa Blanca a few times and got a cab a couple of times - great walk and plenty of bars restaurants. Boat ride to Fuerteventura is a must for the day. Kids club entertainers we must say were very good and engaging with the kids. Bingo at the balcony by the bar in the afternoon with a cocktail a must! All in all, a good holiday for the price - did what it said on the tin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort All Inclusive is located on the seafront in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. The hotel is close to beaches of the Papagayo Natural Park (600m). The Timanfaya National Park is 20 km away. The rooms are spacious and bright, with a balcony with views, bathroom with hairdryer, satellite TV with international channels. Each room provides a safety deposit box (supplement charge). The complex provides four outside pools, gym, minigolf and sports center, plus spa, sauna and steam bath. It also has eight bars, a disco and a snack bar, as well as a few restaurants: - International Restaurant - Italian Restaurant - Fusion Restaurant: Alternately Mexican/Oriental Nights The front desk is 24 hour manned and has a tourist information including car rental and tour services. The hotel provides free Wi-Fi in public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Papagayo Arena Beach Hotel
- Papagayo Arena Lanzarote
- Papagayo Arena Resort
- Hotel Papagayo Arena
- Papagayo Arena Hotel Lanzarote
- Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort Lanzarote/Playa Blanca