We spent a week here late June. Decided to upgrade to Royal Elite Service and found it well worth it. Spent a lot of time before booking reading reviews perhaps too much! We did mean to e mail hotel before travel as suggested but never got round to it but as royal elite does guarantee sea view didn't need to. Other benefits were daily water replacement,bottle of cava in room on arrival,bathrobe & slippers,kettle,coffee, tea and free safety deposit box normally 3 euros daily. The main benefit for us was having use of royal elite lounge accessed by a swipe card you could pour your own branded drinks avoiding all the often long queues at the bar also provided were newspapers,snacks,tea coffee and internet access. We were on second floor of A block with fantastic sea views and so quiet. Yes it was a good 10 minute hike to get to restaurants pools etc but worth it as only noise we had was crashing waves! The complex is huge took us about 4 days to get our bearings as hotel is built as separate blocks and on a hillside so getting to main restaurant involved two lifts. That said never had to wait too long for a lift. Food was always good but due to number of diners did feel a bit like staff canteen at times, very much survival of fittest! Booked the Mexican and oriental restaurants on arrival both good but both buffet style so perhaps if you looking for extra special dining experiences this not for you. There is also French restaurant which didn't try but that at extra cost.
Now the gripes - all main areas of hotel were spotlessly clean, dining areas well staffed plates cleared away promptly etc. however this seemed to be at the expense of some outdoor areas. We never like booking sun beds and signs say this prohibited but didn't stop people doing it. We watched one family of five (Brits it has to be said) book the same five poolside sun beds every day and not pitch up till 3pm some days. Selfish or what! As beds nearly always available on sun terraces we ended up there most days but many sun beds grubby and tables sticky and cigarette butts not cleaned up. Also morning showers in room were often cold. Lastly even though hotel did not appear fully occupied we were denied request to keep on our room for a few hours ( or any room) rather given a half hour time slot in courtesy room. One courtesy room in a hotel of this size! This only works if previous occupants of room keep to their time slot we ended up with 10 mins to shower, dry hair and dress before departure. So made for a rushed unsatisfactory final impression of hotel. All in all nice hotel in nice location would we go back maybe but did feel once you checked out you don't exist.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort All Inclusive is located on the seafront in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. The hotel is close to beaches of the Papagayo Natural Park (600m). The Timanfaya National Park is 20 km away. The rooms are spacious and bright, with a balcony with views, bathroom with hairdryer, satellite TV with international channels. Each room provides a safety deposit box (supplement charge). The complex provides four outside pools, gym, minigolf and sports center, plus spa, sauna and steam bath. It also has eight bars, a disco and a snack bar, as well as a few restaurants: - International Restaurant - Italian Restaurant - Fusion Restaurant: Alternately Mexican/Oriental Nights The front desk is 24 hour manned and has a tourist information including car rental and tour services. The hotel provides free Wi-Fi in public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Papagayo Arena Beach Hotel
- Papagayo Arena Lanzarote
- Papagayo Arena Resort
- Hotel Papagayo Arena
- Papagayo Arena Hotel Lanzarote
- Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort Lanzarote/Playa Blanca