This was me and my boyfriends first beach resort holiday and we were not disappointed!! When we first arrived we got a lovely and professional reception despite other peoples reviews. We were given all the information we needed, given directions to our room and around the hotel and also Cava or Orange juice was available to kick start the holiday. I had e-mailed prior to arriving asking for a sea view room and we got exactly that. We were in block B room 516 and it was exactly what we wanted and more. The room was huge and so was the bed also with a comfy foam mattress. The views from our balcony were amazing looking over the beach, sea and over to Fuerteventura. The bathroom was pretty and chic with a big mirror and also a amazing power shower(not so amazing for the sunburn though). The walls are pretty thick as well so we had no noise complaints which was nice.
Straight away we hit the bar and we had plenty of choice for drinks including a good range of cocktails which for me was a bonus. The vodka sun and pina coladas went down well a treat. The food was good which was rotated often as well with a wide range to chose from and we took full advantage of that. There are five restaurants which you can chose from baring in mind you have to book for the Mexican, oriental and French which is at a extra cost. We tried all of these and we had not complaints really apart from that the oriental could do with more choice and the French we didn't feel should be a extra cost as the food wasn't up to par with the atmosphere and service which, the waiter on hand was exceptional and did his best to please everyone. We also went to the snack bar when we were peckish which was tasty but could do with more choice.
We tried out the chill out bar which was lovely at night with comfy chairs and perfect views of the sunsets, also the music was calm and made us feel very chilled out. The canarian bar was our main spot were we enjoyed relaxing on the balcony bit in the sun sipping on our favourite cocktails. Every day there was bingo on this balcony which was free and also a good laugh with the staff who ran it. We tried out the spa which had Jacuzzis, a sauna and a gym. There was also massages, manicures, waxing and pedicures which were at an extra cost. I did the massage which was great and cost €40 and also had a manicure which was €17 but felt for the price they could of offered a French manicure but was happy all the same. There a loads of sun loungers with ones always available(despite other peoples reviews, I'm guessing there wont be as much available when height of season) and the pools where lovely. We weren't sure which one was the heated pool but we tried a coldish one which was soon fine once we were in for a few minutes and with the heat of the weather was refreshing. We watched a couple of shows at the theatre which were entertaining and fun. The staff definitely made sure of that.
The whole experience here was great and we had a amazing time which we are sad to see finished now. All the staff were lovely and efficient. The hotel was clean and well maintained also located nicely just outside Playa Blanca so not so much hustle and bustle even though it only took a 20minute walk along the sea front to get there or a free 5min shuttle bus from hotel to town centre. We are sad to have come home but we would definitely recommend this hotel and we will return in the future.
One great tip is just as you get into the marina there is a tour guide shop called Customer travel Excursions. Its a green leaflet. The woman inside is lovely and very friendly. The tours with this company are brilliant, lovely staff and lovely, clean coaches.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort All Inclusive is located on the seafront in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. The hotel is close to beaches of the Papagayo Natural Park (600m). The Timanfaya National Park is 20 km away. The rooms are spacious and bright, with a balcony with views, bathroom with hairdryer, satellite TV with international channels. Each room provides a safety deposit box (supplement charge). The complex provides four outside pools, gym, minigolf and sports center, plus spa, sauna and steam bath. It also has eight bars, a disco and a snack bar, as well as a few restaurants: - International Restaurant - Italian Restaurant - Fusion Restaurant: Alternately Mexican/Oriental Nights The front desk is 24 hour manned and has a tourist information including car rental and tour services. The hotel provides free Wi-Fi in public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Papagayo Arena Beach Hotel
- Papagayo Arena Lanzarote
- Papagayo Arena Resort
- Hotel Papagayo Arena
- Papagayo Arena Hotel Lanzarote
- Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort Lanzarote/Playa Blanca