Just back from 11 nights at Papagayo. It's a lovely hotel, very clean and spacious. The room was fine, adequate storage space for family of 4. Massive bed for us and double bed settee for the children. Cleaners came in every day and it was spotless, as was the rest of the hotel. The hard-working animation team were great, not too pushy, but plenty of activities for those that wanted to join in. Evening entertainment was good standard - kids loved the mini disco at the start of the night and the shows were very good, both those done by the animation team and the entertainers that came in.
The swimming pools are fab, no problem at all getting sunbeds and the 2 children's pools were shallow enough for our 6 and 2 year olds to play in while we sat at the side.
Food was the only let down for us. We like good food and maybe all inclusive wasn't a great idea, but seemed like the right thing to do with having young children. The restaurant is very much like a canteen and as it is self-service we were constantly up and down getting food for us and the kids, so never seemed to be all sat down together. The seating area in the Italian section is a bit quieter and you can access all the food from there. Also much quieter in main restaurant at lunch time. There was lots of choice, but quality wasn't great - a bit like eating supermarket cheapest brand food, which isn't what we expected from a 4 star. Nothing wrong with the cooking of it, just seemed to be the food they were using. The Mexican was pretty good, Chinese was ok, but make sure you book on your first day. We arrived Sunday and went to book on Monday, but couldn't get in until the following weekend. On the plus side, the churros and chocolate sauce at breakfast were lovely! Good cocktails in the Canarian bar and never had to wait long for service in any of the bars. Papagayo beach is lovely and only 10 minute walk over the volcanic landscape at the back of the hotel, well worth it. We walked into Playa Blanca a few times for beaches and food, about half an hour walk along the promenade, with fantastic views and the Rubicon Marina on the way, which had nice bars and restaurants. Lanza Sur water park was a good day out, small but not too busy and we really enjoyed it. Overall, great holiday, but we wouldn't go again because of the food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort All Inclusive is located on the seafront in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. The hotel is close to beaches of the Papagayo Natural Park (600m). The Timanfaya National Park is 20 km away. The rooms are spacious and bright, with a balcony with views, bathroom with hairdryer, satellite TV with international channels. Each room provides a safety deposit box (supplement charge). The complex provides four outside pools, gym, minigolf and sports center, plus spa, sauna and steam bath. It also has eight bars, a disco and a snack bar, as well as a few restaurants: - International Restaurant - Italian Restaurant - Fusion Restaurant: Alternately Mexican/Oriental Nights The front desk is 24 hour manned and has a tourist information including car rental and tour services. The hotel provides free Wi-Fi in public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Papagayo Arena Beach Hotel
- Papagayo Arena Lanzarote
- Papagayo Arena Resort
- Hotel Papagayo Arena
- Papagayo Arena Hotel Lanzarote
- Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort Lanzarote/Playa Blanca