First of all, this is a BIG hotel. So big that after 5 days we had not discovered all of it. As we were celebrating our wedding anniversary, we e-mailed the hotel asking for a high room with a sea view. As we did not receive a reply we did not expect to be pleased, but were very pleased with the room we were given, it could not have been better. On the quiet side, a high room with the best view possible of the resort and the sea with fantastic views of the setting sun.
The staff were all very friendly and could not have been more helpful. Maintenance was carried out very unobtrusively but very efficiently. Cleaning of public areas was continuous and very thorough.
The animation team are very enthusiastic and during the day it is difficult to ignore them! They do however provide very good entertainment in the theatre at night, but only from 10:00 pm to 11:00. The other entertainment is by what must be ex-circus acts. They are all brilliant and very entertaining.
This hotel is very popular with families with pre-school age children, not a problem as they are mainly Spanish families and the children are on the whole, very well behaved.
Our room was kept very clean by the housekeeping staff, except for the shower which had mould around the shower tray. It is quite easy to treat and remove of this so why is it such a problem?
This is an hotel which provides an ‘All inclusive’ package. It may be advantageous to the hotel in increasing their revenues, but not to the advantage of the guests. The choices, early, appear to be good but after a few days are very repetitive. Salads with a few variations are very similar, too much fried food and poor cuts of meat not fully cooked. ‘lamb cutlets’ more accurately described next day as ‘mutton’ beef always called ‘veal’ when it is obviously not. The fish dishes were varied and very tasty.
Although we enjoyed our stay, it is difficult to recommend this hotel. We prefer to eat at local restaurants, which ‘All inclusive’ are putting out of business.
The beach in front of the hotel is black pebbles or scrub, no sand. About 20mins walk from the hotel (turn right from reception) is a fantastic beach, but take care as there are no facilities there, nor shade. Take plenty of water and sun screen.
A free bus is available from the hotel to Dorada Playa. The beach hear is busy but there are plenty of beach bars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort All Inclusive is located on the seafront in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. The hotel is close to beaches of the Papagayo Natural Park (600m). The Timanfaya National Park is 20 km away. The rooms are spacious and bright, with a balcony with views, bathroom with hairdryer, satellite TV with international channels. Each room provides a safety deposit box (supplement charge). The complex provides four outside pools, gym, minigolf and sports center, plus spa, sauna and steam bath. It also has eight bars, a disco and a snack bar, as well as a few restaurants: - International Restaurant - Italian Restaurant - Fusion Restaurant: Alternately Mexican/Oriental Nights The front desk is 24 hour manned and has a tourist information including car rental and tour services. The hotel provides free Wi-Fi in public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Papagayo Arena Beach Hotel
- Papagayo Arena Lanzarote
- Papagayo Arena Resort
- Hotel Papagayo Arena
- Papagayo Arena Hotel Lanzarote
- Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort Lanzarote/Playa Blanca