Just returned from a week all incusive at Sandos Papagayo beach resort.
What can we say but to agree with the many brilliant reviews. We emailed a week before departure to ask if we could have a sea view and that is what we got in block B!
The view was amazing and you could hear the sea lapping at the waters edge as we sat in our room which was large with a huge double bed and spotlessly clean. The maid came in everyday leaving it clean,tidy and fresh towels if needed.
The whole of the resort runs like clockwork, every member of staff doing an excellent job, always friendly,smiling and nothing too much trouble. The layout of the resort is very impressive, swish glass lifts, comfortable chairs, pool tables, table tennis, card tables.The decoration is finished to a high standard and well maintained.
The food was great, so much to choose from, cooked to perfection and very good quality.We very much enjoyed the crepes everyday in the snackbar at 4pm. The free bars were filled with a variety of cocktails and local alcoholic drinks. In the Canio bar our son would enjoy chocolate milkshake or hotchocolate with cream on top.
The pools were clean, plenty of sunbeds and sunshades.Very good gym that my husband used. The entertainment staff had plenty of enthusiasm and worked hard, the evening entertainment not the best,needs bit of revamp.This did not in anyway spoil the holiday, we would recommend this resort to anyone, families, couples and friends. We will definately return one day.We walked down to Papagayo beach which is great for sun lovers but a bit windy for us that day!!! There is a free shuttle bus to playa blanca during different times in the day.
It is up there with the best holidays we've had.If you go to Sandos Papagayo you will not be disappointed! We will definately return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort All Inclusive is located on the seafront in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. The hotel is close to beaches of the Papagayo Natural Park (600m). The Timanfaya National Park is 20 km away. The rooms are spacious and bright, with a balcony with views, bathroom with hairdryer, satellite TV with international channels. Each room provides a safety deposit box (supplement charge). The complex provides four outside pools, gym, minigolf and sports center, plus spa, sauna and steam bath. It also has eight bars, a disco and a snack bar, as well as a few restaurants: - International Restaurant - Italian Restaurant - Fusion Restaurant: Alternately Mexican/Oriental Nights The front desk is 24 hour manned and has a tourist information including car rental and tour services. The hotel provides free Wi-Fi in public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Papagayo Arena Beach Hotel
- Papagayo Arena Lanzarote
- Papagayo Arena Resort
- Hotel Papagayo Arena
- Papagayo Arena Hotel Lanzarote
- Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort Lanzarote/Playa Blanca