“Worst Restaurant in Playa Blanca”
Review of El Olivo

El Olivo
Ranked #76 of 211 Restaurants in Playa Blanca
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Restaurant El Olivo enjoys a fantastic location next to Playa Dorada, a stylish terrace overlooking Fuerteventura by the promenade of Playa Blanca, ideal for both couples and families and groups (reservations accepted). Try our speciality in paellas, fresh fish or the most tasty steak in Playa Blanca. Friendly atmosphere and good value
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This used to be a great place to eat, when it was previously called the New Orleans Grill. Sadly not anymore. No wine list, so you didn't know the prices - the waiter just pointed at the wine bottles in their rack. We waited nearly an hour for our food and they managed to well over cook my pizza - worst I have ever had in my life. It was so hard, I had difficulty cutting it and it made me ill that night. My huband had the fillet steak which was OK but not great and they wouldn't change anything on the menu - my husband would have like some onions, but they would not do them for him. We have never had this happen at any other Playa Blanca restaurant. They also do not give you a thank you drink after the meal which every other restaurant we have been to does. We won't ever go there again.

2  Thank Janet R

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Extremely busy the night we dined and we found the staff miserable and verging on rude. Did not revisit this one. Food not good enough to return and put up with rude waiters.

2  Thank SUSAN H
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

During our first week on playa blanca we have eaten here 3 times for lunch. The salads are lovely and fresh and although listed as a starter are very substantial. During one visit we saw a load of fresh fish being delivered therefore the next day we returned for seafood paella - this was beautiful the cod,mussels and king prawns were do fresh. Very friendly service too!

1  Thank GingerHazz
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stopped here one night and sat out and enjoyed a cocktail - perfect evening and venue. We didn't eat here.

2  Thank Pauline K
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The starters were already a bit of a disappointment but the main course was really terrible. It apparantly was a really old cod, it was chewy and tough. My husband had a few bites and I hardly touched mine. When a waiter finally came by, I told him in a friendly manner what was wrong with the food. He simply shrugged hid shoulders and took away our plates. Very rude! Felt like we were treated as stupid tourist who they could earn money on.