Staff- very friendly, courteous and hard working. Management were visible and accessible and eager to assist when required without being intrusive.
Hotel - large hotel without the feeling of being over-crowded. Some beautiful seating areas with fantastic views of marina. Gives impression of a Mediterranean village.
Room- Club Volcan. Large tastefully decorated room with built in wardrobes, large bathroom, huge bed, spacious seating area and small balcony over looking the Club pool area and Fuertaventura.
Food- half Board. Club Volcan private breakfast buffet which was never crowded or noisy. Less choice than in the main breakfast buffet in Restaurant Florida but more than sufficient for our needs. Dinner buffet had large variety of foods on offer including meat and fish of the day which was cooked while you waited and variety of pasta/ rice dishes. Club volcan free cakes and coffee 4pm-6pm and free bar 6-9pm. (Cookies cafe in Marina serves delicious crepes).
Pools- uncrowded, towels provided daily, clean, plenty of loungers. Club Volcan also has numerous Balinese beds which provided pleasant shade when required.
OVERALL IMPRESSION - beautiful hotel, good location, courteous staff made for a most relaxing and enjoyable, problem free holiday. Will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote is placed in the South of Lanzarote, the island of the volcanoes. This is a five-star-resort that is distinguished by its excellence and its privileged location. With the yachting port Marina Rubicón at its feet and facing the sea, you will find this spectacular hotel designed as a typical village of Lanzarote. At it you will admire the distinctive architecture of the island. But you will also discover true replicas of emblematic places of the island like the church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe in Teguise at its entrance, or La Geria at its solarium. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote disposes of 255 rooms, five pools, four restaurants, three bars, conference rooms, a spa center and a gym. In addition, in Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote you can enjoy a new exclusivity concept at its Club Volcán, an area only for adults. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote features 255 rooms that are distributed over twenty typical houses and give magnificent views of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island. Designed taking care of every detail and where the sea blue colour stands up, we put at your disposal three room categories: the comfortable Double Room (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View), the elegant Junior Suite (Garden View, Pool View) and the outstanding Suite (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View). Following a new concept of luxury and privacy, we dispose of 48 rooms that form the Club Volcán, exclusively for adults. In the categories Double, Junior Suite and Suite, every room enjoys spectacular sea views. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote puts at your disposal a wide range of entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxing offers, providing an exquisite treat and service. Moreover, from the hotel you can directly access Marina Rubicón, which disposes of an ample shopping and leisure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca