This hotel has received some harsh reviews recently which we think are unjustified. we stayed here 10 July 2014 and have just returned earlier hours this morning 18 July.
We felt we must balance some of the reviews with our comments on an excellent 7 days stay.
The hotel facilities and staff are excellent and we were received with a welcome cocktail and a speedy checkin with a detailed explanation and map of the hotel.
We stayed in room 509 with an excellent view of the main lagoon pool and two of the smaller pools. beautiful view of the Marina Rubicon from this room too. Our room was bigger than we had anticipated and perfect for us and our daughter but would also suit a family of 4. The balcony was also a good size.
The food was of good quality and a good selection in the buffet restaurant. Everything was very clean and hygiene was of high importance to the hotel. There was something for everyone. The only disadvantage of the buffet is that you have to serve yourself. The breakfast selection was superb, especially the waffles and scrambled egg with ham! With Thomas Cook, we were able to switch 2 of our dinners ( we were half board) to 2 other restaurants other than the buffet. So we switched to one night at Kazan, the Japanese restaurant in the hotel and IL Commidatorie at the Marina. Both restaurants were great but Kazan was fantastic. The food was truly delicious and you could watch it being cooked in front of you by a very clever and entertaining chef. We wore kimonos and the children were given a gift at the end of the evening. The evening was so lovely, we gave up one of our half board dinners and paid to return to Kazan for a 2nd evening. The restaurant was quiet on both eves and we can't understand why - it was a highlight of our holiday, especially for our daughter who was amazed by the egg being thrown in the air and then being converted to an omelette in seconds in front of her and then added to noodles!
The pools are lovely and although a bit chilly, it was a great way to cool off.
We had a truly, lovely and relaxing holiday. One thing for the hotel to consider would be to have a bit more planned entertainment for adults and children - daytime and in the evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote is placed in the South of Lanzarote, the island of the volcanoes. This is a five-star-resort that is distinguished by its excellence and its privileged location. With the yachting port Marina Rubicón at its feet and facing the sea, you will find this spectacular hotel designed as a typical village of Lanzarote. At it you will admire the distinctive architecture of the island. But you will also discover true replicas of emblematic places of the island like the church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe in Teguise at its entrance, or La Geria at its solarium. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote disposes of 255 rooms, five pools, four restaurants, three bars, conference rooms, a spa center and a gym. In addition, in Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote you can enjoy a new exclusivity concept at its Club Volcán, an area only for adults. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote features 255 rooms that are distributed over twenty typical houses and give magnificent views of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island. Designed taking care of every detail and where the sea blue colour stands up, we put at your disposal three room categories: the comfortable Double Room (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View), the elegant Junior Suite (Garden View, Pool View) and the outstanding Suite (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View). Following a new concept of luxury and privacy, we dispose of 48 rooms that form the Club Volcán, exclusively for adults. In the categories Double, Junior Suite and Suite, every room enjoys spectacular sea views. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote puts at your disposal a wide range of entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxing offers, providing an exquisite treat and service. Moreover, from the hotel you can directly access Marina Rubicón, which disposes of an ample shopping and leisure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca