We stayed in May 2014, this is our 3rd visit to Lanzarote and the best hotel we have stayed in. we were greeted at Reception by a friendly lady who checked us in, we then were led to our room by the porter, on the way he stopped off to pour us a welcome drink which was nice, he tried to explain where abouts things were but with the dark, tiredness and language barrier we decided to investigate the next day. the room is fairly spacious, with nice bathroom, romeo and juliet basins and seperate WC, the bed is massive! we thought it was hard to start with but had very good sleeps. the pool is huge, and sunbeds are plenty, our towels were changed daily regardless. my wife had her birthday during the stay and we were greeted by a nice bottle of chilled Cava when we returned from a day out, a lovely gesture. the food is samey... nice but fairly the same each night, we didnt expect much less to be honest, breakfast is very well appointed and you can have any sort of egg cooked for you, cerial, fruit, bread etc varied and very good. location is right in Rubicon Marina but far enough from Playa Blanca to be nice and quiet. would stay again but not sure it is 5 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote is placed in the South of Lanzarote, the island of the volcanoes. This is a five-star-resort that is distinguished by its excellence and its privileged location. With the yachting port Marina Rubicón at its feet and facing the sea, you will find this spectacular hotel designed as a typical village of Lanzarote. At it you will admire the distinctive architecture of the island. But you will also discover true replicas of emblematic places of the island like the church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe in Teguise at its entrance, or La Geria at its solarium. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote disposes of 255 rooms, five pools, four restaurants, three bars, conference rooms, a spa center and a gym. In addition, in Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote you can enjoy a new exclusivity concept at its Club Volcán, an area only for adults. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote features 255 rooms that are distributed over twenty typical houses and give magnificent views of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island. Designed taking care of every detail and where the sea blue colour stands up, we put at your disposal three room categories: the comfortable Double Room (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View), the elegant Junior Suite (Garden View, Pool View) and the outstanding Suite (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View). Following a new concept of luxury and privacy, we dispose of 48 rooms that form the Club Volcán, exclusively for adults. In the categories Double, Junior Suite and Suite, every room enjoys spectacular sea views. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote puts at your disposal a wide range of entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxing offers, providing an exquisite treat and service. Moreover, from the hotel you can directly access Marina Rubicón, which disposes of an ample shopping and leisure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca