From the moment we arrived the staff were fantastic and did everything they could to make sure that our stay was a pleasant one. They always had time to talk about anything, and took a seemingly genuine interest in our holiday and if we were having a good time. Whenever we bumped into them we were always greeted with a friendly hello. The welcome reception organised by the management was a lovely touch, as it helped us to meet a few of the other guests and made for a friendly and relaxed atmosphere by the pool.
Our room (standard double) was perfect for two friends - very spacious, with a separate lounge area and great bathroom. Our balcony had a view through to the marina and ocean, and over one of the pools. It also basked in the hot evening sunshine, which was great when the strong winds got up as we were sheltered from them!
There were an array of options available at breakfast, including cava! We didn't eat dinner at the hotel as wanted to explore the marina and the bars/restaurants along it. We did however make the most of the pizza that were served at our sunloungers - very tasty!
The location of the hotel is great - just a stone's throw from the marina and a ten-minute walk to the nearest beach at Playa Dorada. The area itself is not tacky at all (despite common misconceptions that Lanzarote isn't particularly classy) and really quite plush. The hotel isn't a high-rise and sits naturally by the marina with the views of the mountains beyond.
We got a late deal on the hotel which made us wonder if it could be a good hotel at such a good rate, but our fears were eradicated as soon as we turned up! It was simply a brilliant deal!
We decided that we wanted to give a special mention to Pedro (who made a fantastic mojito), Tuen (whose smile made our day), Billy (who always amazed us with her incredible understanding of numerous languages and positive outlook on everything) and all of the pool staff and maintenance guys (who greeted us warmly every morning, and occasionally 'helped' us fall into the pool which was freezing!!). Hope to see you again next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote is placed in the South of Lanzarote, the island of the volcanoes. This is a five-star-resort that is distinguished by its excellence and its privileged location. With the yachting port Marina Rubicón at its feet and facing the sea, you will find this spectacular hotel designed as a typical village of Lanzarote. At it you will admire the distinctive architecture of the island. But you will also discover true replicas of emblematic places of the island like the church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe in Teguise at its entrance, or La Geria at its solarium. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote disposes of 255 rooms, five pools, four restaurants, three bars, conference rooms, a spa center and a gym. In addition, in Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote you can enjoy a new exclusivity concept at its Club Volcán, an area only for adults. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote features 255 rooms that are distributed over twenty typical houses and give magnificent views of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island. Designed taking care of every detail and where the sea blue colour stands up, we put at your disposal three room categories: the comfortable Double Room (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View), the elegant Junior Suite (Garden View, Pool View) and the outstanding Suite (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View). Following a new concept of luxury and privacy, we dispose of 48 rooms that form the Club Volcán, exclusively for adults. In the categories Double, Junior Suite and Suite, every room enjoys spectacular sea views. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote puts at your disposal a wide range of entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxing offers, providing an exquisite treat and service. Moreover, from the hotel you can directly access Marina Rubicón, which disposes of an ample shopping and leisure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca