Just got back from a lovely week away in the sun. Loved this hotel for it's unique design, location, the spacious rooms, the amazing views and the really lovely employees. The breakfast buffet was also great! However, we had several minor issues that led to us having to ring reception quite regularly; leaking bath tub, glasses often not changed when clearly dirty, that type of thing. The bedding was also very 'tired' with holes in the bedspread and we weren't really fans of the blanket either. Same thing for the pool towels. I sound very negative but only as this place sells itself on bring 5* and luxury. Also it was full when we were there so the usual reserving of the sun loungers occurred as soon as it was allowed at 9am. Totally unavoidable as not sure the campus is quite big enough for so many guests to sunbathe. That said, it was gorgeous, we totally relaxed, had great drinks in the bar, and enjoyed the atmosphere. I would go back and would recommend it, especially as the management were so accommodating when we gave our feedback to them. They kindly allowed us to keep our room late on our departure day to make up for the hassle of the leaking bath. It was good to be listened to and for them to make that gesture.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote is placed in the South of Lanzarote, the island of the volcanoes. This is a five-star-resort that is distinguished by its excellence and its privileged location. With the yachting port Marina Rubicón at its feet and facing the sea, you will find this spectacular hotel designed as a typical village of Lanzarote. At it you will admire the distinctive architecture of the island. But you will also discover true replicas of emblematic places of the island like the church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe in Teguise at its entrance, or La Geria at its solarium. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote disposes of 255 rooms, five pools, four restaurants, three bars, conference rooms, a spa center and a gym. In addition, in Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote you can enjoy a new exclusivity concept at its Club Volcán, an area only for adults. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote features 255 rooms that are distributed over twenty typical houses and give magnificent views of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island. Designed taking care of every detail and where the sea blue colour stands up, we put at your disposal three room categories: the comfortable Double Room (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View), the elegant Junior Suite (Garden View, Pool View) and the outstanding Suite (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View). Following a new concept of luxury and privacy, we dispose of 48 rooms that form the Club Volcán, exclusively for adults. In the categories Double, Junior Suite and Suite, every room enjoys spectacular sea views. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote puts at your disposal a wide range of entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxing offers, providing an exquisite treat and service. Moreover, from the hotel you can directly access Marina Rubicón, which disposes of an ample shopping and leisure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca