We arrived home to wet and cold England last night after a great 10 day stay at this fantastic hotel. We did splash out and go for the Volcan Club which offered adult only section of the hotel with private pool and whirlpools amazing views over the sea while in the whirlpool private breakfast room afternoon tea with a great selection of cakes and a complimentary bar you helped yourself to and which included all the top makes of drinks.
The rooms were amazing and we had a top floor with views over the marina on one side and sea on the other. The staff could not do enough for you and even when you were just walking around the grounds not really lost - it is a big place to find your way around - someone would pop up be it a porter or a waitress just passing by and always stop to offer help.
The rooms were cleaned and towels etc changed every day. We had robes slippers a pillow menu and tea and coffee facilities so everything catered for.
Alas I have to have one little moan. We were half board and we didn't feel the food was up to 5 star standard mainly because the buffet is disjointed and difficult to sort out people stand in front of veg trays etc waiting for food to be cooked and they didnt like to move!
Don't let that put you off you can always do B/B which we will do next time but do give the Club Volcan a try its different
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote is placed in the South of Lanzarote, the island of the volcanoes. This is a five-star-resort that is distinguished by its excellence and its privileged location. With the yachting port Marina Rubicón at its feet and facing the sea, you will find this spectacular hotel designed as a typical village of Lanzarote. At it you will admire the distinctive architecture of the island. But you will also discover true replicas of emblematic places of the island like the church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe in Teguise at its entrance, or La Geria at its solarium. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote disposes of 255 rooms, five pools, four restaurants, three bars, conference rooms, a spa center and a gym. In addition, in Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote you can enjoy a new exclusivity concept at its Club Volcán, an area only for adults. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote features 255 rooms that are distributed over twenty typical houses and give magnificent views of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island. Designed taking care of every detail and where the sea blue colour stands up, we put at your disposal three room categories: the comfortable Double Room (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View), the elegant Junior Suite (Garden View, Pool View) and the outstanding Suite (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View). Following a new concept of luxury and privacy, we dispose of 48 rooms that form the Club Volcán, exclusively for adults. In the categories Double, Junior Suite and Suite, every room enjoys spectacular sea views. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote puts at your disposal a wide range of entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxing offers, providing an exquisite treat and service. Moreover, from the hotel you can directly access Marina Rubicón, which disposes of an ample shopping and leisure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca