We had seen the Hotel Volcan on a previous stay and decided to book here as the location near the marina and some superb restaurants was very enticing. We were not disappointed. The entrance was through a chapel with religious chants and lit candles. Checking in was easy very friendly and helpful staff and came with a welcome cocktail. I had booked a sea-view room and influenced by other tripadvisor comments had emailed the hotel and asked for a quiet room with views over the marina, and this is what we got. The room was large with a sitting area that had a settee plus two chairs and a table and a terrace with two chairs and a glass table. The beds were comfortable and there was a very extensive pillow menu. The room included a minibar with two complimentary bottles of water and a safe that was also free to use (other hotels charge extra for both of these) The bathroom had two handbasins plus a bath with overhead shower, in a separate area was the toilet and bidet.
The hotel has a complex layout which we were only getting used to by the time we left but it had some lovely quiet sunbathing spots where we could get out of the prevailing and incessant wind. Disappointed at the additional cost of the spa, but it seems that most of the Lanzarote hotels have this policy. We only booked B & B as we knew we wanted to eat in the local restaurants. Breakfasts were excellent with a wide range of foods. You could even start the day with champagne if you wished, and many other guests obviously did ! We eat in on one night at a similarly extensive buffet which was a reasonable 20 euros per person and very good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote is placed in the South of Lanzarote, the island of the volcanoes. This is a five-star-resort that is distinguished by its excellence and its privileged location. With the yachting port Marina Rubicón at its feet and facing the sea, you will find this spectacular hotel designed as a typical village of Lanzarote. At it you will admire the distinctive architecture of the island. But you will also discover true replicas of emblematic places of the island like the church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe in Teguise at its entrance, or La Geria at its solarium. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote disposes of 255 rooms, five pools, four restaurants, three bars, conference rooms, a spa center and a gym. In addition, in Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote you can enjoy a new exclusivity concept at its Club Volcán, an area only for adults. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote features 255 rooms that are distributed over twenty typical houses and give magnificent views of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island. Designed taking care of every detail and where the sea blue colour stands up, we put at your disposal three room categories: the comfortable Double Room (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View), the elegant Junior Suite (Garden View, Pool View) and the outstanding Suite (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View). Following a new concept of luxury and privacy, we dispose of 48 rooms that form the Club Volcán, exclusively for adults. In the categories Double, Junior Suite and Suite, every room enjoys spectacular sea views. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote puts at your disposal a wide range of entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxing offers, providing an exquisite treat and service. Moreover, from the hotel you can directly access Marina Rubicón, which disposes of an ample shopping and leisure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca