This is a fine hotel bordering on being the 5 star establishment that it claims to be but not quite getting there. The main problem is that there are not enough staff in key areas such as at breakfast in Club Volcan and around the Club pool. The staff that are there require more training in the art of customer service and really need to up their game when it comes to attention to detail. Getting lunch and drinks around the Club terrace was a challenge as there was only ever 1 member of staff working at any time
We had a suite, in fact, a not-normally-sold Master suite, in the aforementioned adults-only Club Volcan area of the hotel whilst our girls had a suite in the non-Club area. The rooms were excellent, but with both rooms, room service was not a particularly 5-star experience with nothing arriving without having to be chased
The reception staff were undoubtedly amongst the best that I have experienced being knowledgable, friendly and accommodating and the Porter who took care of getting our luggage to the rooms and with whom we had ongoing interaction during the 8 days that we were in resort, was a delight
Despite staffing issues, Club Volcan is a great experience with the aspects of privacy and exclusivity that go with it and is highly recommended.
Please Volcan, the message is training, training and more training of the correct number of staff in key areas of the hotel and you will certainly be a 5 star resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote is placed in the South of Lanzarote, the island of the volcanoes. This is a five-star-resort that is distinguished by its excellence and its privileged location. With the yachting port Marina Rubicón at its feet and facing the sea, you will find this spectacular hotel designed as a typical village of Lanzarote. At it you will admire the distinctive architecture of the island. But you will also discover true replicas of emblematic places of the island like the church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe in Teguise at its entrance, or La Geria at its solarium. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote disposes of 255 rooms, five pools, four restaurants, three bars, conference rooms, a spa center and a gym. In addition, in Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote you can enjoy a new exclusivity concept at its Club Volcán, an area only for adults. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote features 255 rooms that are distributed over twenty typical houses and give magnificent views of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island. Designed taking care of every detail and where the sea blue colour stands up, we put at your disposal three room categories: the comfortable Double Room (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View), the elegant Junior Suite (Garden View, Pool View) and the outstanding Suite (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View). Following a new concept of luxury and privacy, we dispose of 48 rooms that form the Club Volcán, exclusively for adults. In the categories Double, Junior Suite and Suite, every room enjoys spectacular sea views. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote puts at your disposal a wide range of entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxing offers, providing an exquisite treat and service. Moreover, from the hotel you can directly access Marina Rubicón, which disposes of an ample shopping and leisure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca