Having stayed at the Princesa Yaiza the year before, it was always going to be a hard act to follow - but the Volcan comes a pretty close second and at over £1100 cheaper for a week's holiday for two, represents good value for money. We travelled with Thomas Cook and booked a standard garden view twin room, which was very spacious and spotlessly clean. Beds were comfortable, air conditioning was efficient if a little noisy, and the empty fridge and seating area with sofa and tea & coffee facilities were all useful. The patio was small but functional with a view of the Torre del Aguila and Fuerteventura in the distance. In a few places the room could have done with some TLC - repainting, replacing a cracked floor tile etc but these were very minor niggles and overall, it was a very satisfactory room (582.)
Breakfast is served from 7.30 - 11.00am and offers an excellent selection of hot and cold food including the best coconut yoghurt ever! Although the dining room is busy and bustling, we were always quickly shown to a table and plates were cleared promptly and politely. In fact, the quality of staff across the hotel is very good and we always received friendly and efficient service.
There have been lots of comments about the sunbeds and umbrellas already - suffice to say they are decidely shabby but not quite the health hazard I was expecting them to be - but the management must get them replaced instead of replying that they are on order (for the last six months+....!) The pool area likewise could do with repainting as it is looking tired and dated but the pool itself was very clean and the gardeners worked hard each morning to clear the leaves and flowers which dropped in overnight. The pool bar serves a good selection of sandwiches from around the world - the Italia was very tasty - for a reasonable 5-7 Euros.
One of the best qualities of the Volcan is its position right in the middle of Marina Rubicon. With such a wide variety of excellent restaurants and bars, I don't know why anyone would want to eat in a hotel buffet every night - so we were very glad we'd only booked bed & breakfast.
The Volcan is a very peaceful hotel - primarily because it is spread out like a village over quite a wide area. This tranquility, despite it being half term with quite a few children there, sometimes meant it lacked atmosphere. There are a wide range of activities though on offer, and the Sangria and Spanish lesson with Gaby was great fun, as was the Mojito class and wine & cheese tasting with Ina.
Overall, for the price we paid, the quality of the room and breakfast, the location and cleanliness, I would certainly go back to the Volcan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote is placed in the South of Lanzarote, the island of the volcanoes. This is a five-star-resort that is distinguished by its excellence and its privileged location. With the yachting port Marina Rubicón at its feet and facing the sea, you will find this spectacular hotel designed as a typical village of Lanzarote. At it you will admire the distinctive architecture of the island. But you will also discover true replicas of emblematic places of the island like the church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe in Teguise at its entrance, or La Geria at its solarium. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote disposes of 255 rooms, five pools, four restaurants, three bars, conference rooms, a spa center and a gym. In addition, in Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote you can enjoy a new exclusivity concept at its Club Volcán, an area only for adults. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote features 255 rooms that are distributed over twenty typical houses and give magnificent views of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island. Designed taking care of every detail and where the sea blue colour stands up, we put at your disposal three room categories: the comfortable Double Room (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View), the elegant Junior Suite (Garden View, Pool View) and the outstanding Suite (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View). Following a new concept of luxury and privacy, we dispose of 48 rooms that form the Club Volcán, exclusively for adults. In the categories Double, Junior Suite and Suite, every room enjoys spectacular sea views. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote puts at your disposal a wide range of entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxing offers, providing an exquisite treat and service. Moreover, from the hotel you can directly access Marina Rubicón, which disposes of an ample shopping and leisure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca