We stayed 12 - 19 September. We booked it because we remembered it from previous holidays in Playa Blanca & thought we might try it sometime. Having read the reviews I was unsure as to whether we had done the right thing - but pleased to say we did & we would return. Hotels are given a rating according to their facilities not necessarily the quality. The Volcan probably ticks all the boxes for 5 star facilities but I would agree that it probably needs some updating. We didn't use the beds with the tired covers ( but it would appear that the hotel has that in hand) but preferred the upper terrace which had more shade & also new looking sun beds. There is also another terrace with a children's pool. We had booked b & b in a standard room. The room was great - spacious, comfortable bed & very clean. Lovely big shady terrace with an unrestricted view of the marina. Great that you get an empty fridge instead of a minibar. Hospitality tray is a nice touch but charging for refills of coffee etc is unacceptable - that should be done without charge. Likewise charging to enter the SPA. Only small things but they do detract from the 5 star rating The hotel could promote the on site restaurants more e.g putting menus in the room & asking on checkin if they could make a reservation for you. Breakfast was good - lots of choice & lovely fresh fruit. We had the buffet dinner twice - good value at 20 euros - I agree it could become monotonous if every evening - but the same applies to a la carte menus - they don't change every day. Drink prices are very reasonable. I would recommend booking b &b - lots of nice places to eat in the Marina - Casa Rioja remains our favourite. Try Bar one on entrance to the marina for a drink or great g &t's from Vino Blanco ( just below the hotel).Further afield El Golfo - yet again a lovely fish lunch. So why would we return - hotel full but was quiet & we got the restful week we wanted. Great location - we managed a walk every morning before it got too hot & on an evening nice to be able to stroll out to find somewhere for a drink & dinner. We took a look at the Princess Yaiza - maybe more glitzy than the Volcan - but not for us - but no doubt will appeal more to others - it depends what you want from a holiday. Wifi was a bit of an issue - we could receive but not send emails, but on the other hand meant my husband got a break from work! Overall we really enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote is placed in the South of Lanzarote, the island of the volcanoes. This is a five-star-resort that is distinguished by its excellence and its privileged location. With the yachting port Marina Rubicón at its feet and facing the sea, you will find this spectacular hotel designed as a typical village of Lanzarote. At it you will admire the distinctive architecture of the island. But you will also discover true replicas of emblematic places of the island like the church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe in Teguise at its entrance, or La Geria at its solarium. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote disposes of 255 rooms, five pools, four restaurants, three bars, conference rooms, a spa center and a gym. In addition, in Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote you can enjoy a new exclusivity concept at its Club Volcán, an area only for adults. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote features 255 rooms that are distributed over twenty typical houses and give magnificent views of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island. Designed taking care of every detail and where the sea blue colour stands up, we put at your disposal three room categories: the comfortable Double Room (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View), the elegant Junior Suite (Garden View, Pool View) and the outstanding Suite (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View). Following a new concept of luxury and privacy, we dispose of 48 rooms that form the Club Volcán, exclusively for adults. In the categories Double, Junior Suite and Suite, every room enjoys spectacular sea views. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote puts at your disposal a wide range of entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxing offers, providing an exquisite treat and service. Moreover, from the hotel you can directly access Marina Rubicón, which disposes of an ample shopping and leisure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca