We specifically chose this hotel because of their adults only option which we paid extra for. The rooms were a really good size with plenty of amenities. I found the bed comfortable but it was too hard for my husband. We chose the B&B option as we prefer to eat out at restaurants of which there are some excellent choices on the Marina. However we were highly recommended the Japanese restaurant within the hotel by other guests but unfortunately ran out of time to pay a visit. Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice. Most of the staff were very helpful and worked hard and in particular Warnel and Raquel who were delightful. Also all of the reception staff we dealt with were very good.
The pool area within the club was good with a small pool just right for cooling off in and also a poolside bar. The cabanas were a nice touch and the sunbeds were just ok and could do with a good clean as there is a build up of suntan lotion on the arms. We did mention this but nothing was done during our stay. It was good relaxing area with no annoying piped music (or other peoples) Most guests kept their mobile phone usage to a minimum and was not a problem. However it was really too quiet and therefore if you had any conversation whatsoever you could feel disparaging glares from a couple of other guests which made us feel uncomfortable and was a real shame to an otherwise enjoyable relaxing week. We don't know where you can achieve a happy medium in this respect really
This was our first trip to Lanzarote and we had a good relaxing week which was all we required and this hotel is a good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote is placed in the South of Lanzarote, the island of the volcanoes. This is a five-star-resort that is distinguished by its excellence and its privileged location. With the yachting port Marina Rubicón at its feet and facing the sea, you will find this spectacular hotel designed as a typical village of Lanzarote. At it you will admire the distinctive architecture of the island. But you will also discover true replicas of emblematic places of the island like the church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe in Teguise at its entrance, or La Geria at its solarium. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote disposes of 255 rooms, five pools, four restaurants, three bars, conference rooms, a spa center and a gym. In addition, in Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote you can enjoy a new exclusivity concept at its Club Volcán, an area only for adults. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote features 255 rooms that are distributed over twenty typical houses and give magnificent views of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island. Designed taking care of every detail and where the sea blue colour stands up, we put at your disposal three room categories: the comfortable Double Room (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View), the elegant Junior Suite (Garden View, Pool View) and the outstanding Suite (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View). Following a new concept of luxury and privacy, we dispose of 48 rooms that form the Club Volcán, exclusively for adults. In the categories Double, Junior Suite and Suite, every room enjoys spectacular sea views. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote puts at your disposal a wide range of entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxing offers, providing an exquisite treat and service. Moreover, from the hotel you can directly access Marina Rubicón, which disposes of an ample shopping and leisure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca