We love Playa Blanca and have had many holidays there, this is another hotel that we would return to without hesitation. We normally stay in 4*+ and were a bit worried it would be 'too stuffy' but it wasn't. The staff were efficient but so friendly throughout the hotel. We arrived late and were pleased that the restaurant didn't close until 10.30pm, although we did smile when our 'Ryanair size' luggage was put on the porters trolley (we did only stay 4 nights). We stayed HB but had a fantastic deal through Cosmos that upgraded us from BB to HB free of charge. Breakfast was great, good choice but I struggled a bit for the evening meal as I tend to eat chicken which wasn't always available. Cannot fault the quality of the food on offer or the service. The whole atmosphere at the hotel was relaxing, it was even nice to hear a few children playing in the pool. One point mentioned previously they don't have courtesy rooms so we were a bit put out to have to shower in the spa area, which was lovely, but not if your clothes are all in one case, we had to do it in relays, not the best end to our holiday. We would return without hesitation, keeping our room if need be and possibly only BB, but that's just because I'm so fussy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote is placed in the South of Lanzarote, the island of the volcanoes. This is a five-star-resort that is distinguished by its excellence and its privileged location. With the yachting port Marina Rubicón at its feet and facing the sea, you will find this spectacular hotel designed as a typical village of Lanzarote. At it you will admire the distinctive architecture of the island. But you will also discover true replicas of emblematic places of the island like the church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe in Teguise at its entrance, or La Geria at its solarium. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote disposes of 255 rooms, five pools, four restaurants, three bars, conference rooms, a spa center and a gym. In addition, in Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote you can enjoy a new exclusivity concept at its Club Volcán, an area only for adults. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote features 255 rooms that are distributed over twenty typical houses and give magnificent views of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island. Designed taking care of every detail and where the sea blue colour stands up, we put at your disposal three room categories: the comfortable Double Room (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View), the elegant Junior Suite (Garden View, Pool View) and the outstanding Suite (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View). Following a new concept of luxury and privacy, we dispose of 48 rooms that form the Club Volcán, exclusively for adults. In the categories Double, Junior Suite and Suite, every room enjoys spectacular sea views. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote puts at your disposal a wide range of entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxing offers, providing an exquisite treat and service. Moreover, from the hotel you can directly access Marina Rubicón, which disposes of an ample shopping and leisure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca