We have just returned from a week at The Volcan hotel and had to write a review to compliment the hotel staff and the whole hotel experience.
This was our first visit to Lanzarote and it was a wonderful experience. From the moment we set foot into the hotel our holiday started and our week was the most peaceful I can remember.
The staff are courteous and helpful. From the reception staff to the restaurant staff, we could not find fault.
I have to mention Caterina who was the restaurant manager, she was such a lovely girl. The rest of the restaurant staff were so helpful and kind, I just wish I could remember their names, they all deserve praise.
As for the food..... Yum... Breakfast was fantastic and we did have evening meals on three evenings which were superb. I would highly recommend having a meal in the hotel, great value for money. We dined out at several local restaurants on the marina and were very disappointed with the food and it was very expensive.
The rooms were fantastic, very spacious and clean. We had clean towels and bedding every day.
We will definitely return and recommend the Volcan to friends.
Many thanks to all the staff for their dedication and hard work and for making our holiday so special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote is placed in the South of Lanzarote, the island of the volcanoes. This is a five-star-resort that is distinguished by its excellence and its privileged location. With the yachting port Marina Rubicón at its feet and facing the sea, you will find this spectacular hotel designed as a typical village of Lanzarote. At it you will admire the distinctive architecture of the island. But you will also discover true replicas of emblematic places of the island like the church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe in Teguise at its entrance, or La Geria at its solarium. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote disposes of 255 rooms, five pools, four restaurants, three bars, conference rooms, a spa center and a gym. In addition, in Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote you can enjoy a new exclusivity concept at its Club Volcán, an area only for adults. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote features 255 rooms that are distributed over twenty typical houses and give magnificent views of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island. Designed taking care of every detail and where the sea blue colour stands up, we put at your disposal three room categories: the comfortable Double Room (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View), the elegant Junior Suite (Garden View, Pool View) and the outstanding Suite (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View). Following a new concept of luxury and privacy, we dispose of 48 rooms that form the Club Volcán, exclusively for adults. In the categories Double, Junior Suite and Suite, every room enjoys spectacular sea views. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote puts at your disposal a wide range of entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxing offers, providing an exquisite treat and service. Moreover, from the hotel you can directly access Marina Rubicón, which disposes of an ample shopping and leisure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca