like other reviewers was impressed by the first impressions of the hotel, arriving through the church like hallway with chanting music, bring greeted with a fruit punch, and looking at the greenery and the water fall, wow!! The interior of the room was lovely but we had paid for a sea view which we got but only if you stood up and saw the tops of the masts of the Marina and the sea in the distance, we did ask about this but got no response, I wasn't really disappointed until we walked around the grounds and saw what kind of view we could have had , begging the question what do you need to do to guarantee a good sea view certainly not pay for it!
The room did tick the boxes in that it was quiet but didn't get the sun until late afternoon which was a shame as we happened to stay in a week were the weather wasn't fantastic and it was too cool on the balcony of a morning. Like other reviewers you can hear other people as the walls are quite thin.
The breakfast area was lovely and the range of choice of food and drink was excellent, I haven't seen such a good choice before in other hotels!
In all areas the staff were friendly and seemed genuinely happy to be working there which makes a nice change, the uniforms are quite quirky!
The level of cleanliness was great with a choice of pillows and rooms cleaned daily,
The pool areas were lovely but oh boy was the water cold!!!! liked the touch in one area where you buzzed and a waitress came to take your drink order! Didnt like the scrappy loungers in the other areas with cushions that have seen better days and it was a shame there was no pool bar or the pub open when we were there.
The Volcan is in a nice area close to the Marina Rubicon with some good restaurants close by, I liked the layout and the overall impression of the hotel, get the little niggles sorted out like sunbeds and poolside bar and give a room you expect and my review would get 5 star, that said definitely glad I chose this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote is placed in the South of Lanzarote, the island of the volcanoes. This is a five-star-resort that is distinguished by its excellence and its privileged location. With the yachting port Marina Rubicón at its feet and facing the sea, you will find this spectacular hotel designed as a typical village of Lanzarote. At it you will admire the distinctive architecture of the island. But you will also discover true replicas of emblematic places of the island like the church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe in Teguise at its entrance, or La Geria at its solarium. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote disposes of 255 rooms, five pools, four restaurants, three bars, conference rooms, a spa center and a gym. In addition, in Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote you can enjoy a new exclusivity concept at its Club Volcán, an area only for adults. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote features 255 rooms that are distributed over twenty typical houses and give magnificent views of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island. Designed taking care of every detail and where the sea blue colour stands up, we put at your disposal three room categories: the comfortable Double Room (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View), the elegant Junior Suite (Garden View, Pool View) and the outstanding Suite (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View). Following a new concept of luxury and privacy, we dispose of 48 rooms that form the Club Volcán, exclusively for adults. In the categories Double, Junior Suite and Suite, every room enjoys spectacular sea views. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote puts at your disposal a wide range of entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxing offers, providing an exquisite treat and service. Moreover, from the hotel you can directly access Marina Rubicón, which disposes of an ample shopping and leisure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca