The hotel volcan is a lovely clean hotel with a definite wow factor. It dominates the Playa Blanca skyline and is position right in the middle of the Rubicon Marina. If you love Yachts and the picturesque setting amongst all the boats and top notch restaurants this hotel is for you. We travelled on April 1st and I have to say the hotel seemed empty although the reception staff insisted the hotel was fully booked. Where everyone was I've no idea. The restaurant was always busy for breakfast which was really good quality with something for everyone and the staff were very attentive. However sue to the lack of people the hotel in the evenings seemed a little like a ghost town. It was ok as we wandered into Playa Blanca most evenings which is a lovely 20 minute walk along the promenade. Glad I took my coat as I sadly had to wear it every evening. I loved this hotel, but have only given it 4/5 as I know that the neighbouring 5 star hotel seemed by far superior in general standards. But if it wasn't for the fact that the pool was tooooooooo cold for us to swim in I think I would still have given this hotel a 5. So much sun and not a solar panel in sight!! BBBrrrrrrr Definitely worth a visit, particularly if you DON't have teenagers to entertain as we did. They were quite quite bored with no-one around and no warm sea or pool to swim in. psWe were blessed with the most AMAZING room. It was the nicest surprise to have struck so lucky.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote is placed in the South of Lanzarote, the island of the volcanoes. This is a five-star-resort that is distinguished by its excellence and its privileged location. With the yachting port Marina Rubicón at its feet and facing the sea, you will find this spectacular hotel designed as a typical village of Lanzarote. At it you will admire the distinctive architecture of the island. But you will also discover true replicas of emblematic places of the island like the church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe in Teguise at its entrance, or La Geria at its solarium. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote disposes of 255 rooms, five pools, four restaurants, three bars, conference rooms, a spa center and a gym. In addition, in Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote you can enjoy a new exclusivity concept at its Club Volcán, an area only for adults. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote features 255 rooms that are distributed over twenty typical houses and give magnificent views of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island. Designed taking care of every detail and where the sea blue colour stands up, we put at your disposal three room categories: the comfortable Double Room (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View), the elegant Junior Suite (Garden View, Pool View) and the outstanding Suite (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View). Following a new concept of luxury and privacy, we dispose of 48 rooms that form the Club Volcán, exclusively for adults. In the categories Double, Junior Suite and Suite, every room enjoys spectacular sea views. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote puts at your disposal a wide range of entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxing offers, providing an exquisite treat and service. Moreover, from the hotel you can directly access Marina Rubicón, which disposes of an ample shopping and leisure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca