I was skeptical about visiting Lanzarote but was pleasantly surprised by the island and the hotel. The Volcan is very clean and nicely laid out with a couple of large pools (not heated) plus a couple of smaller pools for children in a separate area together with a playground. The rooms are traditional Canarian style, spacious and our balcony had a lovely view over the landscaped gardens and out towards the marina. The hotel is an easy 15 minute walk from the beautiful horseshoe beach at Playa Blanca, plenty of sunbeds and shades (Euro 9) and close to restaurants and bars. We stayed on a bed and breakfast option which suited us as we like to try different restaurants in the evening (we can recommend the Valadero overlooking the sea, excellent food and friendly waiters, good value). The Volcan's buffet restaurant in the evening is not very good; not much choice of food. The breakfast buffet was more than adequate, plenty of choice for everyone.
The only minor faults of this hotel are lack of sunbeds (need updating, they are incredibly tatty), and the WiFi signal is very hit and miss. The spa was just ok.
Overall, we would return to the hotel as we understand it is being updated during May 2013, which will hopefully address the sunbeds and updating of the spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote is placed in the South of Lanzarote, the island of the volcanoes. This is a five-star-resort that is distinguished by its excellence and its privileged location. With the yachting port Marina Rubicón at its feet and facing the sea, you will find this spectacular hotel designed as a typical village of Lanzarote. At it you will admire the distinctive architecture of the island. But you will also discover true replicas of emblematic places of the island like the church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe in Teguise at its entrance, or La Geria at its solarium. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote disposes of 255 rooms, five pools, four restaurants, three bars, conference rooms, a spa center and a gym. In addition, in Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote you can enjoy a new exclusivity concept at its Club Volcán, an area only for adults. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote features 255 rooms that are distributed over twenty typical houses and give magnificent views of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island. Designed taking care of every detail and where the sea blue colour stands up, we put at your disposal three room categories: the comfortable Double Room (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View), the elegant Junior Suite (Garden View, Pool View) and the outstanding Suite (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View). Following a new concept of luxury and privacy, we dispose of 48 rooms that form the Club Volcán, exclusively for adults. In the categories Double, Junior Suite and Suite, every room enjoys spectacular sea views. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote puts at your disposal a wide range of entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxing offers, providing an exquisite treat and service. Moreover, from the hotel you can directly access Marina Rubicón, which disposes of an ample shopping and leisure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca