We were diverted to gran Canaria due to severe storms on 3rd march, which meant we had to abort our scheduled landing. Afetr a night in a good quality but soul-less hotel in las Palmas we flew on to Lanzarote one day late.
I cant add any more to the praise given by other trip advisor writers.
Impressive entry through a "church" into a "volcano cave". Fabulous warm welcome by reception. Room huge and immaculate - bed very huge and comfortable. View over the gardens, pools and Marina - what more could we ask? (Room 415)
Food hot, freshly cooked and plentiful. Staff in dining area very helpful. Good range of evening activities.
Daytime activities included lessons in Canarian cooking, candle making, photgraphy, soap making etc. If you want half an hour out of the sun, go to some of these.
Lots of walkways and staircases. So many permutations for access to the various areas of the Hotel.
Recommend walks in either direction from the hotel. I got a taxi to Montana Rubicon volcano. Enough of a gradient to give you a sense of achievement, but easy if you pace yourself. Inside the caldera people leave their names in rocks - visit it to find out and maybe add your own...?
We would definitely return at some point and we don't usually say that.
Everyone we met loved their holiday - don't know why the negative responses have been made.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote is placed in the South of Lanzarote, the island of the volcanoes. This is a five-star-resort that is distinguished by its excellence and its privileged location. With the yachting port Marina Rubicón at its feet and facing the sea, you will find this spectacular hotel designed as a typical village of Lanzarote. At it you will admire the distinctive architecture of the island. But you will also discover true replicas of emblematic places of the island like the church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe in Teguise at its entrance, or La Geria at its solarium. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote disposes of 255 rooms, five pools, four restaurants, three bars, conference rooms, a spa center and a gym. In addition, in Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote you can enjoy a new exclusivity concept at its Club Volcán, an area only for adults. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote features 255 rooms that are distributed over twenty typical houses and give magnificent views of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island. Designed taking care of every detail and where the sea blue colour stands up, we put at your disposal three room categories: the comfortable Double Room (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View), the elegant Junior Suite (Garden View, Pool View) and the outstanding Suite (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View). Following a new concept of luxury and privacy, we dispose of 48 rooms that form the Club Volcán, exclusively for adults. In the categories Double, Junior Suite and Suite, every room enjoys spectacular sea views. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote puts at your disposal a wide range of entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxing offers, providing an exquisite treat and service. Moreover, from the hotel you can directly access Marina Rubicón, which disposes of an ample shopping and leisure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca