We have been to this hotel on several occasions. When we first went it really was a 5 star hotel but it went downhill for a number of years. However, it is coming back up although it is not yet what you'd hope for from a 5 star hotel. The setting is fantastic beside a marina with unusual architecture and a superb layout; it could not be bettered in that respect. However, do not go if you are elderly or at all incapacitated., The distances, slopes etc are just too great for that and thie practice of cleaning sloping paths mid-morning makes it dangerous for us all. The hotel is now going out of its way to attract families which might not suit everyone. The reception staff are friendly and efficient. The hotel is clean and room service is very good although a 5 star hotel should have an automatic turn down service in the late evening. Breakfast buffet is good and varied although before 9am there are too few staff and guests sometimes have to remove plates themselves and go for their own pots of coffee. The sunbeds in most outside areas are disgraceful; they are dirty, the umbrellas are ragged. There is no service outside offering to help with your beds/umbrellas or offering drinks as a 5 star should have.This hotel has huge potential but has struggled in recent years. However, there are signs on improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote is placed in the South of Lanzarote, the island of the volcanoes. This is a five-star-resort that is distinguished by its excellence and its privileged location. With the yachting port Marina Rubicón at its feet and facing the sea, you will find this spectacular hotel designed as a typical village of Lanzarote. At it you will admire the distinctive architecture of the island. But you will also discover true replicas of emblematic places of the island like the church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe in Teguise at its entrance, or La Geria at its solarium. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote disposes of 255 rooms, five pools, four restaurants, three bars, conference rooms, a spa center and a gym. In addition, in Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote you can enjoy a new exclusivity concept at its Club Volcán, an area only for adults. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote features 255 rooms that are distributed over twenty typical houses and give magnificent views of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island. Designed taking care of every detail and where the sea blue colour stands up, we put at your disposal three room categories: the comfortable Double Room (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View), the elegant Junior Suite (Garden View, Pool View) and the outstanding Suite (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View). Following a new concept of luxury and privacy, we dispose of 48 rooms that form the Club Volcán, exclusively for adults. In the categories Double, Junior Suite and Suite, every room enjoys spectacular sea views. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote puts at your disposal a wide range of entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxing offers, providing an exquisite treat and service. Moreover, from the hotel you can directly access Marina Rubicón, which disposes of an ample shopping and leisure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca