The way the hotel is built helps to create the "small hotel" factor and your privacy. A little difficult to find your way around in the beginning, but it is soon sorted out. Nice and quiet rooms. The free wifi in the room did not connect, but the wifi in the hotel lobby worked perfectly, so it was not a problem. The hotel breakfast was really good, with lots to choose from for everyone. The hotel is situated at the Rubicon Marina yachting harbour, which was nicely laid out with a handful of shops and restaurants. We did find the restaurants a bit pricey and opted most nights to walk the pleasant half hour sea front promenade into Playa Blanca. Plenty of restaurants to choose from and more competitive prices. Unfortunately we did have some rain while we were there, which made the drawbacks of this hotel more visible. The spout from the roof ended just above our room, and we had a flood on our terrace. The staff came around with towels to put in front of the terrace door, so it should not flood our room. There were also a lot of rain leeking through the roofs in the corridors, which the staff did their best to deal with. All in all we enjoyed our stay at the Volcan. But I was really sorry that I only got to use their lovely pools twice because of the cool and rainy weather. Not The Volcan's fault though...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote is placed in the South of Lanzarote, the island of the volcanoes. This is a five-star-resort that is distinguished by its excellence and its privileged location. With the yachting port Marina Rubicón at its feet and facing the sea, you will find this spectacular hotel designed as a typical village of Lanzarote. At it you will admire the distinctive architecture of the island. But you will also discover true replicas of emblematic places of the island like the church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe in Teguise at its entrance, or La Geria at its solarium. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote disposes of 255 rooms, five pools, four restaurants, three bars, conference rooms, a spa center and a gym. In addition, in Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote you can enjoy a new exclusivity concept at its Club Volcán, an area only for adults. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote features 255 rooms that are distributed over twenty typical houses and give magnificent views of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island. Designed taking care of every detail and where the sea blue colour stands up, we put at your disposal three room categories: the comfortable Double Room (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View), the elegant Junior Suite (Garden View, Pool View) and the outstanding Suite (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View). Following a new concept of luxury and privacy, we dispose of 48 rooms that form the Club Volcán, exclusively for adults. In the categories Double, Junior Suite and Suite, every room enjoys spectacular sea views. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote puts at your disposal a wide range of entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxing offers, providing an exquisite treat and service. Moreover, from the hotel you can directly access Marina Rubicón, which disposes of an ample shopping and leisure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca