My wife and I are currently staying here for the week for our first holiday abroad, lets just say we feel like we made the right choice in selecting The Hotel Volcan as the place makes it feel like we're on honeymoon again. On arrival you enter what appears to be a small chapel with monks praying, well we could just spend the day in this area relaxing, obviously this is just the foyer and a sound track of monks prayer! Once passing through you enter the lobby and reception area where you are greeted by the porter who presents you with a cocktail. We were blown away by the scale of the atrium, with its volcanic rock waterfall and palm trees, photos on the website do not do this justice, it is truly amazing. The room is spacious, very well presented and they provide a good range of toiletries. We have gone for a B&B package as we wanted to try the local restaurants, but after trying the breakfast we are tempted to try out the hotels dinner buffet. The breakfasts are really nice with a vast selection. Only down side is as we are out of the main season the spa facilities are being renovated, but this does not detract from what a lovely facility this hotel is. We would highly recommend it and that the negative reviews on here are ignored and taking with a pinch of salt as we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote is placed in the South of Lanzarote, the island of the volcanoes. This is a five-star-resort that is distinguished by its excellence and its privileged location. With the yachting port Marina Rubicón at its feet and facing the sea, you will find this spectacular hotel designed as a typical village of Lanzarote. At it you will admire the distinctive architecture of the island. But you will also discover true replicas of emblematic places of the island like the church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe in Teguise at its entrance, or La Geria at its solarium. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote disposes of 255 rooms, five pools, four restaurants, three bars, conference rooms, a spa center and a gym. In addition, in Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote you can enjoy a new exclusivity concept at its Club Volcán, an area only for adults. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote features 255 rooms that are distributed over twenty typical houses and give magnificent views of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island. Designed taking care of every detail and where the sea blue colour stands up, we put at your disposal three room categories: the comfortable Double Room (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View), the elegant Junior Suite (Garden View, Pool View) and the outstanding Suite (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View). Following a new concept of luxury and privacy, we dispose of 48 rooms that form the Club Volcán, exclusively for adults. In the categories Double, Junior Suite and Suite, every room enjoys spectacular sea views. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote puts at your disposal a wide range of entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxing offers, providing an exquisite treat and service. Moreover, from the hotel you can directly access Marina Rubicón, which disposes of an ample shopping and leisure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca