Just returned from a super holiday at the Hotel Volcan, Playa Blanca, Lanzarote.
A large, mostlly luxurious complex with plenty of space, 5 pools, and indoor relaxing areas. Although full during our time there, we always able to find pool side recliners nor wait to be tended to. Low Key non intrusive entertainment in bar area most evenings
Staff were all helpful, polite and friendly. Everywhere was spotlessly clean and our room was luxurious with most extras to be expected in a 5 star estabishment. Good location near to the Marina with shops and bars. Shortish walk along a paved and well lit boulevard takes you to the excellent clean beach and the main part of Playa Blanca.
Sadly, all let down somewhat by the poor quality food. Although an adequate well presented buffet, meals were frequently cold and overprepared, bland and tasteless with little day to day variation. Definitely NOT 5 star!!. Thomas Cook offer their clients 2 dinners per stay in a small choice of restaurants in the Marina as an alternative, but choice is limited to cost. I do not call Pizza and icecream 5 star dining!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote is placed in the South of Lanzarote, the island of the volcanoes. This is a five-star-resort that is distinguished by its excellence and its privileged location. With the yachting port Marina Rubicón at its feet and facing the sea, you will find this spectacular hotel designed as a typical village of Lanzarote. At it you will admire the distinctive architecture of the island. But you will also discover true replicas of emblematic places of the island like the church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe in Teguise at its entrance, or La Geria at its solarium. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote disposes of 255 rooms, five pools, four restaurants, three bars, conference rooms, a spa center and a gym. In addition, in Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote you can enjoy a new exclusivity concept at its Club Volcán, an area only for adults. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote features 255 rooms that are distributed over twenty typical houses and give magnificent views of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island. Designed taking care of every detail and where the sea blue colour stands up, we put at your disposal three room categories: the comfortable Double Room (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View), the elegant Junior Suite (Garden View, Pool View) and the outstanding Suite (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View). Following a new concept of luxury and privacy, we dispose of 48 rooms that form the Club Volcán, exclusively for adults. In the categories Double, Junior Suite and Suite, every room enjoys spectacular sea views. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote puts at your disposal a wide range of entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxing offers, providing an exquisite treat and service. Moreover, from the hotel you can directly access Marina Rubicón, which disposes of an ample shopping and leisure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca