We wanted a quiet, relaxing holiday in lovely surroundings with hot weather - and got exactly that. This holiday was to celebrate hubbies 60th birthday and was slightly more than we would usually spend for an 11 night holiday - but was worth every penny. Included in our holiday package was 25kgs of luggage and taxi transfers to and from the hotel. Well worth it and no hassle waiting for other passengers to join the coach! We booked a seaview with balcony overlooking the Marina and the view was absolutely fantastic. We spend many a lunch hour sipping wine, eating olives and looking at the view - perfect! The Room itself was charming, decorated in calming blues and was large, airy and very comfortable with a bathroom of a good size and with lots of toiletries and soft towels. Hotel layout was unlike any other hotel we have ever stayed in, full of lush green foliage, small waterfall and the hotel rooms were more like little houses in a village, all different shapes, sizes and colours. There were several shops inside the Hotel - one where you could get a daily paper, souvenirs and another with lovely jewellery at a very reasonable price. Hotel was on several levels with swimming pools on each level. The Hotel gate led right onto the Marina where there were lovely restaurants, bars and shops. There were plenty of loungers and umbrellas and was not crowded.
The Service was very good, we were greeted at reception and given fresh orange juice and taken to our room. The buffet style breakfasts and dinners had plenty of choice and the waiters were very attentive.
We would defintely go to this Hotel again and would recommend it to anyone who wants a relaxing, no hassle holiday in beautiful surroundings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote is placed in the South of Lanzarote, the island of the volcanoes. This is a five-star-resort that is distinguished by its excellence and its privileged location. With the yachting port Marina Rubicón at its feet and facing the sea, you will find this spectacular hotel designed as a typical village of Lanzarote. At it you will admire the distinctive architecture of the island. But you will also discover true replicas of emblematic places of the island like the church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe in Teguise at its entrance, or La Geria at its solarium. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote disposes of 255 rooms, five pools, four restaurants, three bars, conference rooms, a spa center and a gym. In addition, in Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote you can enjoy a new exclusivity concept at its Club Volcán, an area only for adults. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote features 255 rooms that are distributed over twenty typical houses and give magnificent views of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island. Designed taking care of every detail and where the sea blue colour stands up, we put at your disposal three room categories: the comfortable Double Room (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View), the elegant Junior Suite (Garden View, Pool View) and the outstanding Suite (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View). Following a new concept of luxury and privacy, we dispose of 48 rooms that form the Club Volcán, exclusively for adults. In the categories Double, Junior Suite and Suite, every room enjoys spectacular sea views. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote puts at your disposal a wide range of entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxing offers, providing an exquisite treat and service. Moreover, from the hotel you can directly access Marina Rubicón, which disposes of an ample shopping and leisure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca