I did enjoy my stay in windy Lanzarote. The hotel is good for relaxing round the pools.
But I'm finding it hard to pinpoint exactly how I felt about the Volcan. I have to agree with other reviews I've read - I don't feel it is 5*. In my opinion, a 5* hotel is not somewhere that just looks nice. In short, it is rather soulless. There are various tourist awards in a cabinet near the reception area but I noticed they were awarded quite a while ago (around 2004, approx). This makes me think that the hotel was, at that time, an innovative build (sorry to sound like Kevin McCloud). However in terms of customer service, it has not evolved since then. The Volcan does have a wonderful location, an unusual layout with Chapel-like, music filled entrance hall (where bags were collected from the car and whisked straight to our room very efficiently). But after that, it felt like we were on our own (apart from breakfast). The hotel was pretty quiet for the first 2 days of our stay after which it filled up due to Easter weekend. Yet still, the pool-side bar closed at 5pm and we felt that the management had missed the opportunity to have a central focus where guests could meet up before dinner. I liked the location in the Marina area and the unusual layout of hotel buildings (from the Marina - it looks like a mini whitewashed village). Breakfast was plentiful with good variety but coffee was not hot as it had been made in advance and left in jugs until guests arrived at the tables. There was a timetable of low key events each day like Zumba and a stretching class. My husband had a very good back massage in the spa. Yes, I liked it but I cant say wow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote is placed in the South of Lanzarote, the island of the volcanoes. This is a five-star-resort that is distinguished by its excellence and its privileged location. With the yachting port Marina Rubicón at its feet and facing the sea, you will find this spectacular hotel designed as a typical village of Lanzarote. At it you will admire the distinctive architecture of the island. But you will also discover true replicas of emblematic places of the island like the church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe in Teguise at its entrance, or La Geria at its solarium. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote disposes of 255 rooms, five pools, four restaurants, three bars, conference rooms, a spa center and a gym. In addition, in Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote you can enjoy a new exclusivity concept at its Club Volcán, an area only for adults. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote features 255 rooms that are distributed over twenty typical houses and give magnificent views of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island. Designed taking care of every detail and where the sea blue colour stands up, we put at your disposal three room categories: the comfortable Double Room (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View), the elegant Junior Suite (Garden View, Pool View) and the outstanding Suite (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View). Following a new concept of luxury and privacy, we dispose of 48 rooms that form the Club Volcán, exclusively for adults. In the categories Double, Junior Suite and Suite, every room enjoys spectacular sea views. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote puts at your disposal a wide range of entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxing offers, providing an exquisite treat and service. Moreover, from the hotel you can directly access Marina Rubicón, which disposes of an ample shopping and leisure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca